A True Flower Bed!

Happy Wednesday Friends! About this time last year, I posted a yard sale headboard that I repurposed as a garden trellis. It has been one of my most pinned posts.  At the time, I had never seen a headboard used in the garden.  Now it has become more popular, but no less charming.  Today I am sharing a heavier metal headboard Youngest Daughter found at a thrift store for $2 and then passed on to me.  It just needed a little love to become a true flower bed! 

Repurposed headboard garden trellis

I just love these old metal headboards--at one time or another I used them with each of my three kids.  Whether painted bright blue in race car themed room, or white with tiny rosebud stencils they were always perfect.  So it seems fitting that one should end up in my garden among the zinnias.  I spray painted it a happy turquoise and then stenciled it.   

Repurposed headboard garden trellis

This cute little chair planter was on sale at Home Depot.  I love using thrifted china in the garden.  The teacups are actually halves that got broken in between projects. I couldn't bear to throw them away and now I know why.  They are right at home under the colorful blooms.

Repurposed headboard garden trellis

This sweet Hallmark chick rests perfectly on the candlestick for a thrifty garden sculpture.  I planted more zinnia seeds as they will last through most of Fall here.  

Repurposed headboard garden trellis

Thanks so much for stopping by--come again soon! 

My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



                                                       Photobucket


                      Lavender Garden Cottage







Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia ... Really a charming 'flower bed' ... cute, cute plant chair and the pedestal too. Wish I could grow zinnia, they are such a pretty summer flower.

    Nice to see you this morning ... hope you found some treasures.
    Stay cool ...
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks adorable! Love the pun. Another great find.
    We'd love to have you share at WIW, hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little garden spot! That headboard is fabulous! Found you on WIW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color....and especially the Good Morning stenciled on it...soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The turquoise color is so cheery and I love the stencil! I planted Zinnias also. Such a pretty and dependable flower!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! Very clever, fun and colorful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you squeeze any more charm into your garden? I have a rusty bed in mine...and your chair made me think of setting it up like a room...with a bedside table, lamp, clock...chair, door, window...hmmm...My garden has a LOT of work to do to get it anywhere near as charming as yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! Great little garden spot... :-)

    Lory
    Designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color you painted the bed! I bought the bed we have in one of our guest rooms right out of somebody's garden. :)

    I've been away from my computer, so it's taken me awhile to get back to everybody. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love this! That aqua color is my absolute fave color. What a perfect flower bed! I'd love if you came and linked it and a couple of your other projects up at Link It or Lump It! :) http://www.dwellbeautiful.com/link-lump-party-50/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!