Anticipating Autumn Transferware Tea Time

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm delighted to join my talented tablescaping friends for the Welcome Fall Tablescape blog hop hosted by my dear friend, Rita from Panoply. It is 108 degrees here in Texas as I write this, so you can imagine that I am eagerly anticipating autumn! Please join me for tea time

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

If you hopped over from visiting Lynne from Thrifting Wonderland, welcome! Despite the sweltering heat, I am embracing all things cozy indoors. Would you like a cuppa?

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

My vintage transferware served as the inspiration for this autumn tea time tray.  You can see each step of my styling process featuring primarily thrifted pieces in the collage below.

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time
I styled my tea setting below my gallery wall of transferware plates that I've gathered and collected from thrift stores and estate sales over the years.

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

These stacked teacups were a bargain find from the Antique Fair in Round Top several years ago.

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

I couldn't resist this giant pastry when I spotted it at the grocery store bakery, but I'm happy to share! 

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

Sunflowers start blooming here in late summer and they're my favorite flower for fall. 

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

Here's a closer peek at this sweet bird vase.

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

Mixing and matching collected pieces is a little like playing dress-up with dishes! 

Welcome Fall Transferware Tea Time

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Next on the hop is Ricki Jill from The Bookish Dilettante For more lovely inspiration, be sure to scroll down to visit the rest of today's featured bloggers! 

Home is Where the Boat Is - Plaid, Petals and Pumpkins

Life and Linda - Whooo's Ready for Fall

Everyday Living - The Splendors of Autumn

Thrifting Wonderland - Fall Is In the Air


The Painted Apron - Easing Into Fall

The Cat's Whiskerz - Autumn Bliss

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Autumn Splendor Tablescape

Welcome Fall Tablescape blog hop


Happy almost fall, y'all! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love your quote: "Mixing and matching collected pieces is a little like playing dress-up with dishes!" It is! And I also love your gallery wall with all the pretty plates. I love transferware, and I don't know why I don't collect it. I have a neighbor who has a large collection of brown transferware, and her dining room is stunning. Your tea party setting is so cute. Oh, and I love your vase! I hope things cool down soon so we can enjoy the outdoors and nature soon! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Fall tea tray Cecilia! I love the brown and soft blue color scheme and the sunflowers really make it pop. Your vintage transferware is so pretty. Thank you for the cuppa!
    Jenna from the Painted Apron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, I love the combination of earthy brown and bright turquoise. Add in the stunning gold of those sunflowers and everything's set for an autumn full of tea times! Which reminds me I need to visit the local sunflower farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, the gallery wall has that fabulous collected over time look that I love. Your teatime is quite lovely with the vintage transferware and the lovely shade of the teapot. Sunflowers always add the happy wherever they land! It is always a pleasure to join you for a cuppa. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia your collection of vintage tranferware is awesome! Makes me want to start collecting! Such a beautiful setting for teatime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Cecilia, I’ve always admired your collection of transferware displayed on your gallery wall. I’ll take my tea in your pretty Clarice Cliff Charlotte teacup which is one of my favorite patterns! Love the sweet bird vase too. Happy to hop with you again and almost fall, stay cool!🍂🍁🧡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like, you, Cecilia, I have collected many pieces of brown transferware over the years. I love how you can interchange your wall with various pieces of your collection. Taking time for tea is definitely a method of self-care, and although I rarely take the time beyond morning, I am trying to start doing that a bit more. Welcoming fall is great place to start. I'd love being your guest to share in tea time. Thank you for inviting us in to share with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea, transferware and sunflowers...what could be a better combination. Tea at any time of the year is an inviting repast but especially welcome in the fall. Your collection of brown transfer ware is lovely and works so well with the aqua colors. I learned to add brown sugar cubes to tea when I was in Ireland and it has become a tradition here at home. This is a lovely way to begin the Fall season.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. "But first, tea" is a saying I can definitely get behind. You have styled your tea tray in such an invited and cozy way. I love the brown transferware paired with the robins egg blue tea pot and napkins. And, the sunflowers and pastry are the icing on the cake so to speak! Tea is an evening ritual for me, and you have inspired me to set up a little tea tray in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, I have only a few transferware pieces but if I was to start a collection, it is the brown transferware that makes my heart sing. Your collection is lovely! I love the brown and white with the turquoise and the tray that you have set is so cozy and inviting and defies your outside temperatures - wow that is hot! The bird vase is beautiful and the sunflowers are gorgeous. I hope your weather cools soon and it was a delight to be hopping with you. Happy almost fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mixing and matching, playing dress up with dishes ~ yes, that is what I enjoy as well. You tea tray is a charming welcoming to fall, Cecilia. I also collect brown transferware. Though I also enjoy the other colors, there has always been a special attraction to the brown. Your collection of hanging plates is so pretty. Our recent heat has been unbearable, but I'm hopeful we are turning the corner to welcome more moderate temps. Happy Days Ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecelia, I love a pretty tea setting, and this makes my heart sing! What a lovely welcome to fall! I adore the mix of patterns, and the contrasting colors pair so wonderfully. The sweet brown transfer-ware cups are so pretty! I have a weakness for pretty teacups. The plate wall above the tea setting is gorgeous! I think plates are true works of art. It is always a treat to join you on these hops! Happy fall! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet Cecelia - I always love a tea party, and your transferware makes it extra beautiful! I love the browns, especially with your plate collection. Always so fun hoping with you! Hope you have a lovely fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celia, your tea tray is a sweet transition to welcome in fall. I adore your plate display wall.❤️ Your brown transferware and the sunflowers give nod to the cooler temps coming our way. I agree, mixing and matching our dishes is like playing dress up!!! 🌻wishing you a wonderful fall season🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!