Friday's Find: Upholstered Headboard--No Upcycle Required!

TGITF Friends--check out today's fabulous find! I saw this great upholstered headboard at my weekly .25 sale.  No...it wasn't .25, but I did get it for $12! The original price was $24 and I had to stand in line a second time for the half price sale, but well worth it don't you think? No upcycle required today...

Thrift store upholstered headboard
People are constantly amazed by what I have been able to squeeze into my almost 12 year old Toyota Matrix.  By folding down my seats, I easily fit a dresser.  In fact I'll confess, I have been known to brag about everything I have fit in my little vehicle over the years. So imagine my surprise when I hustled my headboard out to the car, only to realize it wouldn't fit! With hatchback open, and headboard precariously balanced, I contemplated going back across the street to see if the shop had a screwdriver I could borrow. However with the outdoor sale in full swing, I figured if there was one available, it could take some time to hunt down.  So what's a girl to do? The answer was right in my hands--I used my key to remove the too wide hardware. Now to get this baby home!

Thrift store upholstered headboard

After I unloaded it from the car, I wiped it down and sprayed the back with  lemongrass cleaner. It's made with essential oil, has antibacterial properties and smells heavenly! 

Thrift store upholstered headboard

Next, I reattached the hard ware with a real screwdriver this time!

Thrift store upholstered headboard

Overall, I was impressed by how clean the headboard was especially being a light colored fabric.  There were two faint spots, I was fairly certain I could remove.  I used a stain remover wipe and then blotted the excess with a dry towel. 

Thrift store upholstered headboard

No more spots!

Upholstered headboard

Come back Sunday to see how I used this thrifty find as inspiration to transform my guest room! 

My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. This is a great find for sure! Beautiful headboard and can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Man do I miss the thrift stores in the Hill Country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic find!!! Saturday's are my thrifting day. I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA! I love the headboard, and you got it for $12! How cool! Even for $24, I would have jumped on that deal. Can't wait to see what you do with your guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely headboard Cecilia and such a bargain at $12.00. Glad you were able to get the marks out without damage. Anxious to see the guest bedroom makeover.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!