Easy Caprese: Appetizer, Pizza & Classic

Greetings Friends! Caprese is one of my very favorite salads. There is nothing like the combination of mozzarella with garden fresh tomatoes and basil.  Today I'm sharing three variations to tickle your taste buds!

3 easy caprese recipes

First is an appetizer that is as pleasing to the eye as it is delicious! It is basically Caprese on a stick, or in this case, on a rosemary sprig.  If I am serving these for an event, I like to place the sprigs in a vase of water for a day or two prior to preparation. Just remove the rosemary spikes from the lower part of the sprigs before assembling.  This is a great appetizer to make ahead as they will stay fresh in the fridge for a few days--I once made 300 in advance! If preferred, you could use longer sprigs and alternate two or more each of basil, fresh water mozzarella and grape tomatoes.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar prior to serving. 

Rosemary caprese appetizers

Next, how about Caprese pizza? For my single serving pizza, I used a whole wheat tortilla for the crust. I started with a teaspoon of olive oil on the hot griddle, flipping the tortilla for crispness. Then I added shredded mozzarella, sliced tomatoes and basil right on top of the tortilla.   I topped it with organic dried oregano. Since it was such a thin crust, I didn't even add any sauce, preferring the taste of the flavorful herbs.  

Easy caprese pizza

Finally, classic Caprese--in the summer months, I eat this two or three times a week! It is so refreshing and simple! Choose your preference of tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar.  I like to top mine with cracked black pepper. Enjoy! 

Classic caprese salad

Do like to make Caprese salad or have your own favorite recipe? Share the love! 

                                           My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



Treasure Hunt Thursday


                                                                






Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Now you have made me hungry Cecilia. Looks so good ! I am all out of my fresh tomatoes so will wait a day or so.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this salad, or pizza! I need to go get some of the good fresh mozzarella and make some, too. I'll bet you grew the basil and tomatoes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very good. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made the salad thing seem a little more appetizing! My salad expertise is pretty much tapped out. I'll have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the caprese dishes. They Look Delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks absolutely delicious! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look so good. Looking forward to trying a few. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of using the rosemary sprigs for skewers. You get to prune the rosemary, scent the air, and flavor your ingredients all at once. I'm over from Thoughts of Home on Thursday

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!