Befores & Afters: How to Edit a Room Part 2

Greetings Friends! Today I am sharing the befores and afters of my guest room editing project. Who knew one little headboard could inspire so many changes? I am sure many of you can relate!  Awhile back, I found this cute little birdcage 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I was thinking it would wind up in my garden but then decided to customize it to hang in my His eye is on the sparrow vignette. A little paint and burlap, some Vintage sheet music....and Voila! 

Upcycled birdcage
Here's the vignette....

Charming bedroom vignette


Now I needed to repaint the dark pieces to complement the new light and airy feel of the room. I used the Americana Decor chalk paint in the Lace shade.  You can look here to see the process I used to add the toile to the chair back. 

Upcycled chalk painted chair

Here's the before and after of the chest I shared in the original post...

Upcycled chalk painted trunk

...as well as a table I repainted and styled with Vintage treasures.
Upcycled chalk painted table

I am obsessed with Vintage typewriters--I even love the old cases displayed under the table. You know my affection for Vintage books and how fun is this old Pelouze postal scale? I found it at a thrift store and use it for my Etsy shop. Mini pumpkin bookends add a touch of whimsy :)

Vintage typewriters

Sometimes great inspiration comes in the form of one thrifty headboard! Have you made any changes to your dwellings recently? 

My Thrift Store Addiction



Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Everything you have shown is so wonderful. I really love how you makeover your chair, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Cecilia ... you really made a BIG difference in that room. I love the table and little chest painted. Glad you bought that headboard. We are getting ready to make big changes in our master bath and closet, but it will take more than a week ... more like two months at the rate I go.
    Have a great week.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, I love all the changes...the typewriters, the suitcases, scale....they all look great on your brightened up furniture. But my favorite of all? Your birdcage! I love the scripture about God knowing about each sparrow and knowing the number of hairs on my head. I always said if I got a tattoo (no, I probably won't), it would be a sparrow. It turned out beautifully! Hope you have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all so light and cheery Cecilia. Love the changes!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true...one thing calls for many changes! But change is fun, and your changes are looking great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to stay there! Love the suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. drooling over the vintage suitcases and the typewriter display! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!