Friday's Find: Vintage Transferware!

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! I've confessed to you before that I am a dish-aholic. I don't keep my vintage ware stored in a cabinet, no ma'am I eat off it daily. I have treasured pieces displayed as some would showcase art. I even use thrift store china in my garden. Today's fabulous find is my latest love--transferware!

Vintage transferware

Ever since I recovered these thrift store chairs, I have been drawn to shades of brown transferware. Something about the bird and leaf pattern on the fabric makes me think of the lovely dishes. Of course, dishes--that's just the way my mind works! I have been gathering most of these for about a month. Today's feature is this dinner plate by Alfred Meakin England, the Rosalie pattern and was a $1.50 thrift store find. I am partial to florals and love the colors!

Vintage Meakin transferware



This sweet pattern called Friendly Village is by Johnson Brothers.  A local antique shop I like to browse occasionally has sales and their prices are often as good as thrift stores, like this great find!

Vintage Johnson Brothers transferware

Another Johnson Brothers pattern, this one called Sheraton was a .25 yard sale find...

Vintage Johnson Brothers transferware

...as were these unmarked pretties.  I found them online dated from the 60s.


Vintage transferware

Here's a closer peek at the collage as a whole...

Vintage transferware

Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST: 


Lavender Garden Cottage

                                           
                                             


                                              




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. You have some gorgeous transferware!! I love Johnson Bros designs and have a few random plates I hope to put on a wall someday. The unmarked brown plates you have are some I have collected also. I found the name of the pattern but can't remember now (old age isn't for sissy's LOL) but I'll let you know when I find it again. Love your wall of plates.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful transferware collection, Cecilia! You did such a nice job with your gallery wall :) Hope your week-end is terrific.
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Cecilia, I just have to figure out how to get to the Thrift Store before you do. Love your Friday finds. Especially the dinner plate by Alfred Meakin and it goes so well with the JB Sheraton plate. Those are such beautiful china plates and look good in your collage.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pieces! I LOVE your plate wall! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a find Cecilia. I love them! I have only ever run across one little brown transfer ware plate. It's the same as the one you got for 25 cents. I collect red, but I love the brown for Fall! I have vowed to not start another dish collection. lol! I have such a weakness for them, and already have too many. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...I love dishes too. The Johnson Bros are wonderful. Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always looking for good deals, I love thrift shops. Not the real big ones but the tucked away ones. I have not found too many garage or yard sales this year. I have made some good finds though. Your collection is stunning'
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, these are amazing - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collection, Cecilia! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love hanging plate collections on a wall. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty plates. I love the Friendly Village pattern!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful selection
    Greetings from South Africa
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for displaying such beautiful china! The two Johnson Brothers florals closely resemble Spodes Copeland "Romney" and "Gainsborough." I inherited a service for 12 of the Romney...the design is, to me, both homey and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds. I'm just like you, there is always room for more pretty plates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty especially the one with the pink flower

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!