Beautiful Spring to Summer Garden Whimsy


Happy Monday, Friends! Welcome to the Spring into Summer Porches, Patios and Outdoor Spaces Blog Hop hosted by Amber, at Follow the Yellow Brick Home! Spring is always a busy time in the garden, preparing for the summer months before the Texas heat hits! My summer calendar is getting full, and I've been busy as a bee. Along the way, I've created some whimsical repurposed projects and shared a few outdoor tablescapes, but I'm also taking the time to literally "smell the roses" and to appreciate the other lovely garden blooms! Won't you take a stroll with me? 


whimsical summer garde


If you've hopped over from visiting Angelina at Petite Haus,  Welcome! There's nothing quite as perfect as a pretty pink rose! Earlier this spring, I repurposed a vintage platter to create a sassy southern welcome sign...



Repurposed southern welcome sign



...and used a Sharpie and a stencil to upcycle a plain Jane thrift store pillow.





I was thrilled to have my cozy secluded swing featured in Country Sampler's Gardens issue!


Featured in Country Sampler Gardens


The French lavender has just bloomed this week! It smells heavenly...


whimsical summer garden


... just like the fragrant garden tea party surrounded by honeysuckle and roses that I shared at the beginning of last month!


whimsical summer garden




Repurposed bed spring planter


...shared how I used thrift store treasures to set a blooming summer tablescape


blooming summer tablescape


and planted a mini herb garden centerpiece/gift  for Favorite Son's birthday dinner!


mini herb garden gift


As much as I appreciate the beauty of the garden in bloom, I also enjoy adding fun signs for a touch of whimsy. This one was 50% off at Hobby Lobby--it was the last one and was waiting just for me! It's hanging by my back door. 


whimsical summer garden


Speaking of whimsy, can you guess where I tucked this mini bouquet of rock roses?


whimsical summer garden


I tend to move things around in the garden like some people rearrange furniture indoors. Recently, I moved this metal cello sculpture from the front to the back. See the rock roses peeking out? 


whimsical summer garden


This faux boxwood wreath I purchased from the thrift store several years ago was the best $3 purchase ever! Over the years, I've spruced it up a variety of ways, one which was featured in Country Sampler Summer DIY Decorating. This year, I added a mini watercolor sign to showcase the simple greenery: Friends and Family Gather Here. It's hanging on the front door. 


whimsical summer garden


Aren't the vibrant hues of this clematis nestled in the oregano stunning? 


whimsical summer garden


My Thrift Store Addiction


whimsical summer garden

Thanks so much for visiting. Next on the hop is Chloe, from Celebrate and Decorate! 


Summer garden My Thrift Store Addiction



Be sure to visit the other bloggers below--you're going to be inspired!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Would you like to comment?

  1. Your garden is so beautiful. So many pretty plants and places to sit and enjoy. I especially love that swing, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming garden. I absolutely adore all of whimsical touches you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecelia,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your garden tour!! So many pretty vignettes!! Love your cello sculpture!! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing your lovely garden space!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecelia I am loving your beautiful garden. Everything looks so pretty. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecelia, you have the most beautiful garden! Love it all. Oh that rosemary! I can smell it....LOL! I have only two bushes of it that I've had forever but the heat has threatened it already this season. Enjoyed this post so much. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cello is adorable. You have such a pretty garden space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love your secluded swing and your garden rules sign! Such a pretty space you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many sweet and creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia,
    All you outdoor spaces are inviting, but the blooming French lavender just grabbed me. I would love to have lavender bloom as beautifully as yours.

    Happy summer,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beautiful dishes on the table and that cello is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable garden!My favorite picture is that with red flowers and the green tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved getting a glimpse into your pretty garden, Cecilia! Thanks for the tour! You know that bedspring is my favorite;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun and personality on your garden and patio. Every photo made me smile. I agree with Lora, the bedspring plant display is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the cutest most whimsical gardens I've seen! The bed springs, the cello, the signs. I love it all! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so many cute and creative ideas to love! You certainly have been busy! I hope you will have a chance to relax in your lovely garden and smell the roses, lavender, rosemary and oregano!

    Okay you know I am just loving that rusty cello with the little roses! I always enjoy seeing your garden and how you have incorporated your awesome thrift store finds. Congrats on another magazine feature!

    Thanks so much for joining the hop! Have a happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are so many great ideas in this post! I love the cello and how you've used all the different flowers to complement your garden art. You have such a green thumb! I'm excited about your magazine feature too. You are one talented lady so it's definitely well deserved. Hugs and happy summer, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden is just lovely! I love all of the whimsical little touches you have added! You have made your space so fun with all of the unique accents like the cello! Your swing looks like a lovely spot to sit and enjoy all of the plants in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree there’s nothing quite so pretty as a pink rose. Your swing looks like a nice place to sit back and relax and sway with the breeze!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!