Two 25th Birthday Celebrations!


Happy Monday, Friends! Do you have Memorial Day plans? Since Favorite Son is the "baby" of my three kids, and he celebrated his 25th birthday this month, I wanted to share our celebrations with you...


family birthday celebrations


Favorite Son and Darling DIL came over for a home cooked birthday dinner. My vintage typewriter was still on the mantel since I styled it for Easter, so I used it to create a birthday greeting. He told me he wants to start an herb garden, so I arranged a starter for him as a birthday centerpiece! 


family birthday celebrations


I continued the herb theme with the place settings and fresh mint sprigs. 


family birthday celebrations


Favorite Son always requests my herbed whole wheat pizza. I forgot to snap a photo of the black olive and basil and Hawaiian pizzas I made, but you can find my pizza recipe, here! Another family favorite is caprese salad "on a stick"--I use fresh rosemary sprigs. I usually add more tomatoes but in honor of the Birthday Boy, I used more fresh mozzarella as he prefers. Here's a peek before I drizzled it with balsamic vinegar.   


family birthday celebrations


I knew DD was planning a special cake, so I opted for brownie birthday sundaes for dessert.


family birthday celebrations


Over the weekend, Darling DIL hosted a party to celebrate with their friends. One of them brought brisket and DD baked a scrumptious strawberry cake and behind it, Favorite Son's fave--and mine--tiramisu! Yum! 


family birthday celebrations


Here she is bringing out the cake as we sang "Happy Birthday!"


family birthday celebrations



Remember to join us on Wednesday, for the next Vintage Charm party!




My Thrift Store Addiction Vintage Charm party

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!