Nature Inspired Summer to Fall Transitions


Happy Tuesday, Friends and welcome to the Transitioning from Summer to Fall Blog Hop hosted by Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home. If you're hopping over after visiting Carol, at the Red Painted Cottage, I know you enjoyed her charming ideas! Here in Texas, the weather feels anything but fall-like! Even so, I like to start transitioning for the season by taking cues from nature. A handmade rosemary wreath adorned with a single sunflower is a lovely way to usher in the new season and of course, the fresh herbs smell heavenly! 


simple natural fall decor


If you live in a warm climate like me, it will still be a few months before pumpkins make an appearance. In the meantime, I like to use apples. 


simple natural fall decor


Here, you can see a few vignettes using the same galvanized container with different types of apples and accents. 


simple natural fall decor


It's natural to celebrate sunflowers during the summer, but I love using them during the fall months, too. Fortunately, apples and sunflowers are usually available at local grocery stores year round. 


simple natural fall decor


One way to infuse a layer of warmth to any vignette is by layering different textures like burlap and adding vintage accents like this whimsical bird. 


simple natural fall decor


Another way is to display natural elements in vintage vessels, like an old crock....


simple natural fall decor


...or even a vintage shoe shine caddy! When considering natural accents, don't forget about dried bouquets like wheat or lavender.


simple natural fall decor


Vintage sugar bowls from my collections  are one of my favorite ways to display fresh seasonal blooms...


simple natural fall decor




simple natural fall decor


My Thrift Store Addiction


simple natural fall decor


Thanks so much for stopping by! Next up is Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate--I can't wait to see what she has in store for us.... 



My Thrift Store Addiction signature




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Would you like to comment?

  1. So cute, Cecilia! I love how you repurposed the shoe shine kit! The mums in sugar bowl are a great way to add seasonal flair on a smaller scale too. I may need to experiment with that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful floral arrangements. Gorgeous summer into fall ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've paired your beautiful floral arrangements with your antique and vintage containers, Cecilia. It's a really creative way to add a seasonal feel to your home even when you live in a warm weather climate. Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your floral ideas! So much inspiration. Loved hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you incorporated fall colors into your thrift store finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty colors for easing your way into fall, Cecilia! Sunflowers are so pretty this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love visiting your home Cecilia. You have such wonderful early fall touches. Love the sugar bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia,
    Here we are in Texas battling no rain and high temperatures trying our best to think about Fall. :) Your fresh rosemary wreath is beautiful and must smell wonderful. All of your natural Fall decor with apples, flowers, herbs, ... is great for our weather.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sugar bowl flower arrangements and also your vintage shoe shine kit. Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty sunflowers and vintage bowls, Cecilia! Adding that vintage touch really gives an arrangement character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty vignettes - love the fresh herbs in the sugar bowls!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cecilia! I love your pretty vintage vignettes with those huge gorgeous sunflowers and greenery - perfect for summer-to-fall! So happy to be hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia I am going crazy for the little mums in the vintage dish and of course the herbs, and your dried hebrbs and flowers with the sheet music, and the rosemary wreath, and the little bird, and the squirrel with the apples, and, and, and...
    Okay, I love it all!

    Thank you so much for sharing your whimsical and charming pre-fall decor with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you will share at TFT and All About Home Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia you have captured so many cute ways to decorate. Love them all but the blue chippy crock with sunflowers is my idea of perfection. That's one idea I have to steal for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how I wish this rosemary wreath picture was scratch and sniff, Cecilia! I love the bright, happy sunflower head on the lush, real greenery. Perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia, your have such wonderful containers from the galvanized pails to the shoe caddy. Great ways to use them too. Different flowers do make a great transition into fall. The rosemary wreath is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cecilia, love the rosemary wreath. Heavenly smell for sure!! I love and collect old sugar bowls as well. Very sweet for a vase. Sunflowers are the ultimate fall flower!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cecilia, I love the way you displayed your apples, but the rosemary wreath really adds a great touch. I'm leaving this Wednesday to spend a week in hot, hot Texas. What a grandmother does for her grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never would have thought to use fresh rosemary for a wreath! Great idea for your weather right now. I also love the flowers and herbs in the vintage sugar bowls! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so right, apples are the great transitional fruit before breaking out the pumpkins. I love the sweet sugar bowls for displaying herbs and flowers! Happy early fall!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!