Garden Whimsy


Greetings Friends! In our busy lives, with our hectic schedules, don't we all need a little breath of the unexpected? In my garden, life is a bed of roses...or at least Rosemary or maybe a little of both! When I walk through the gate, it is my temporary refuge and I love to fill it with whimsical touches...


Repurposed headboard garden trellis


 Repurposing by its very nature seems to lend itself to whimsy. A little imagination and a can of spray paint can go along way--so start repurposing and get your whimsy on!  With a fresh coat of turquoise paint, an old rattan headboard is upcycled into a unique garden trellis. A discarded saw becomes an inspirational message when its rusty blade is painted with chalkboard paint and labled with the single word "Create." An assortment of painted yellow bird cages appear to float mid-air when hung from the trees with fishing line.  Whether you have an expansive garden or a tiny patio, repurposing your thrift finds is a fun, inexpensive way to add charm to your outdoor space. Update: Find more whimsical garden accents!
I would love to hear how you add whimsy to your garden--please share! 


My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love this!! And this is the color for this year I think!! Thanks for sharing this on DIY Sunday Showcase!! I pinned this to our talent board!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for garden trellis - so pretty!
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!