Friday's Find: Fire-King Dots!


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Hallelujah--the elusive dot bowl!  Manufactured by Fire-King from the late 40s-60s, I had never seen them in a thrift store, and rarely in antique shops. The good news: it was a complete set of nesting bowls in red--the color I would have specifically chosen and it was a fantastic bargain!


Vintage Fire King Dots bowl set

The bad news: the largest and smallest looked like they had been abused in a dishwasher and the dots were badly faded.  More good news: the two middle sizes were just about perfect in every way and still a bargain, even if I only counted the two. For those of you who do not share my enthusiasm for Vintage dishes and cookware, I promise there will posts on other topics in the very near future.  For those of you who do, you're welcome but no, you can't have mine! However, if I found some, chances are so can you --happy hunting!  What was your best find? I would love to hear your comments!


Fire King Dots Bowls



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                       JUNKINLOGO2211111


My Thrift Store Addiction



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I really like these bowls! I have a black one but no reds - yet ;)
    Featuring on the History & Home Link Party Pinterest Board. Thanks for sharing - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!