Does Your Home Tell Your Story?


Greetings Friends! Decorating your home offers a unique opportunity to tell your story and it doesn't need to drain your budget. Consider combining thrift store finds with vintage pieces. Whether it is your grandmother's china or your favorite childhood book, vintage items lend their own history and add instant charm. I favor using items in unconventional ways like this unique lamp repurposed from a thrift store dress form, Juliet. Add some faux pearls and a $10 lamp kit, and she makes me smile every time I walk by. Update: Want to see Juliet at Christmas?


Vintage dress form



I grabbed this vintage apple green velvet chair from an estate sale in perfect condition--now it is the most comfortable chair I own. Update: See how I upcycled this chair!

Vintage wingback chair
  

Stacking vintage luggage serves as storage and justifies my collection.  I can't help but wonder where it has traveled before finding a home in mine!  When thrifting for your home, try to think outside of the box when deciding what to purchase and how you might use it.  That item that will tell your story and make you smile might be waiting for its home in yours! Want to see more vintage luggage? Update: See what color I painted my hallway!


Vintage luggage storage



What does your home say about you?


My Thrift Store Addiction



Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!