Protein Packed Mini Herb Frittatas


Happy Wednesday!  Today I have a great low carb recipe that packs a healthy punch of protein. While there are lots of similar recipes out there, most have meat in them. Instead, I opted for adding Greek yogurt for extra protein and lots of flavorful herbs. Now, for all of you carnivores out there, including my Dear Firstborn--"Mom, you have to put meat in them!"--go ahead and add your lean sausage or bacon. I just prefer my eggs and pizza sans meat! 

Mini herb frittatas

For 12 servings,  I combined 6 eggs and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt. Mix until frothy but don't be concerned if smaller lumps of yogurt remain.  It will have a creamy, ricotta cheese like consistency when cooked.  I greased the muffin tins sparingly with coconut oil, which is super duper healthy and also has a high smoke point. Your frittatas will not taste like coconut--promise! 

Mini herb frittatas

Add your choice of ingredients to muffin tins before adding the eggs. I added cheese, spinach, thyme and cilantro to mine.  

Mini herb frittatas 

Now add the egg mixture.  Tins should be about 3/4 full.  Cook at 350, 15-20 minutes.  I package mine in snack size zip-locks, 2 to a bag.  This makes them easy to grab and provides a healthy breakfast or snack to go.  In fact, why not make a few batches ahead of time for tasty Superbowl nibbling?!

Mini herb frittatas


For the recipe listed, two frittatas offer 9.5 grams of protein, 212 calories and 0 carbs--Enjoy!


My Thrift Store Addiction: signature



Party link





Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!