Friday's Find: Vintage Salt & Peppers


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, y'all! Hope you are having a good one! Today's finds are both from the same estate sale.  There had to be a collector (or hoarder!) in this home.  There were tables full of Vintage salt and pepper shakers.  I was like a kid in a candy store but I exercised considerable restraint and came home with just two sets--wink, wink!  Both sets are really old and do show a little Vintage wear but I have seen each of them in antique stores for a lot more than I paid! The tomato red ones are from Hazel Atlas glass and are stamped on the bottom.  They were manufactured in the 40s and feature bakelite lids.  Available.


Etsy Thrift Store Addiction


Mr. Salty and Mrs. Peppy in their mini chef hats are wooden shakers from the 50s.  I am smitten with both of these Vintage sets.  My grandmother used to collect tiny salt and peppers and these are a sweet reminder of happy times spent in her kitchen. 


Vintage salt and pepper shakers


Yesterday, one of my friends reminisced about a coffee mug that her grandparents used to have. She had seen it in one of my posts and said it instantly took her back.  I love that!  Do you have cherished memories that are triggered by Vintage trinkets?  I would love to hear yours!



My Thrift Store Addiction signature




Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Visiting via We Call It Junkin'. Love your finds, especially the Hazel Atlas shakers. I'm a vintage gal myself :) I just posted my finds from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds! I have a green and orange set like your red HA set. Thanks for sharing this at History & Home this week, take care: Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!