Friday's Find #128


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! After the holidays, it takes me a little time to settle into the new year, but I'm getting there.   Is it the same for you?  It appears that after two and half years of posting weekly on Fridays, I'm all out of catchy titles, so from now on I'll be numbering. Can you believe today is the 128th Friday's Find?  Here are this week's fab features...



Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Vintage salt and peppers, Dynaware and Pyrex

Have you been taking advantage of Christmas clearance? Now's the time--especially at the thrift stores!  I had my eye on this pretty needlepoint angel stocking before it was marked down. Even though it is personalized, I have a plan...;) 


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Needlepoint angel stocking





This whimsical quilted snowman was also Christmas clearance.  It's tiny, but if you look closely the heart at the top of the wire hanger reads Let it snow!  SOLD!


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Quilted snowman


I found a whole bag of these delicate porcelain roses--aren't they gorgeous?  I am not sure how I will use them yet, but I'm sure inspiration will come eventually... Update: see how I used them here.


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Thrift store porcelain roses


Does the fact that I have a Pinterest board named Pyrex Passion give you a hint about my feelings for it? My earliest memories of Pyrex involve eating homemade banana pudding from my maternal grandmother's refrigerator dishes--thus a love affair began! I adore the vintage patterns and also sell it.  Don't you love the aqua tinted glass of these ramekins? Available.


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Vintage Pyrex


I think the pretty brown floral pattern on these PyroRey Dynaware custard cups is so sweet.  The milk glass was manufactured in Mexico in the 1960s.  SOLD!


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Vintage Pyrex Dynaware

Last but not least, are these rustic vintage salt and peppers.  For my fellow jadeite lovers out there--the color complements the dishes nicely!  Available.


Friday's Find #128  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Vintage salt and peppers

Until next time, happy hunting! 



Friday's Find #128 mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Click here to see where I party!

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh, I just love vintage stockings! Yours is a beauty. I love to shop the after Christmas sales but then I talk myself out of buying because I have so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buys Cecilia ... can't wait to see what you do with the roses. Love the stocking too.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great stuff! I'm always impressed that you never fail to post your Friday Finds! Wish I could be so diligent! Love those shakers and that stocking. I remember those small glass bowls, too:) xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I reeeeally enjoy how you think. I think we are kindred spirits. I too have sweet memories involving Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those roses are just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those roses are great and I am sure will be embellishing a few things...maybe a springtime wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great finds. I am actually cleaning out stuff so I'm staying away from the thrift stores (for now!). Love that snowman, he's so cute! Have a wonderful weekend, Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the needlepoint stocking with angels. I am very interested in what you do with the roses, they are very pretty. Have a great week. sb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the custard cups. I too ate egg custard made by my paternal granny from some just like these. You are so good at finding thrift store treasures :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds but that snowman is so cute!!! I think I could make one similar to it... we will see :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!