How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!

Greetings Friends! Once the Christmas decor is stored for another year, the house always feels a little bare.  Even though our winters are mild, it is still not my favorite season.   The days seem long and gray and I struggle with cedar fever due to the high pollen count this time of year. January can be the worst and staying indoors does seem to help, so creating a warm cheerful space during the winter months is a must!  Today, I'm starting in the dining room...


How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!   mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Rustic centerpiece created with vintage chicken feeder and amaryllis


Since my living and dining room share one large open space, the dining table is a focal point and a good place to start. You may remember the rustic glam tablescape I had for the holidays. I wasn't quite ready to put away the vintage sheet music, metallic burlap ribbon, and tiny pinecones but exchanged my white tree centerpiece for the vintage chicken feeder that had been on the mantel since last spring.  After styling five seasonal mantels around it, I was ready for a change! The amaryllis blooms are usually on my Christmas tree each year and since Juliet was decked out as a Nutcracker inspired tree alternative, I missed seeing them.  The Smith and Hawken silk flowers are some of the most realistic looking I've seen and I found them several years ago during Christmas clearance time. I love the color they add to the rustic chicken feeder. In the center, I placed a wintery birdie perched on a birch slice.  The centerpiece paired so well with the rest of the existing tablescape, I left most of it the same.


How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Tuck amaryllis in a chicken feeder for a simple centerpiece. Use vintage sheet music as a table runner!


I added a summer clearance lantern adorned with pinecones...


How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Add pinecones and a candle to a summer clearance lantern for winter!


...more candles and some sparkly vintage door knobs, for a little whimsy! 


How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Vintage doorknobs paired with birch slices create rustic charm and whimsy!

The candles, flowers and sheet music lend a romantic touch so it will transition nicely for Valentines Day.  In February, I may change out the top plates for a little more red.  Until then, I'm happy with the glittery gold to warm up winter! {See how to make your own rustic glam birch slices here.}


How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes!  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Monogrammed rustic glam birch slice place holders--yes please!


How do you transition to winter? 







MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:










vintage wed featured link





Rooted In Thyme





How I Created a Warm Winter Tablescape in 10 Minutes mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Click here to see where I party!

Would you like to comment?

  1. Lovely! I thought the flowers were real and wondered where you could get them all bloomed like that! I decorate mostly for winter at Christmas time so some areas I can just leave as is. Putting the Christmas stuff away allows me to change other areas up a little to all winter. It won't be long before I am tired of it all though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to an all white decor in January to clean things off for a while. I'll be posting about that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, your tablescape is so pretty. I love your chicken feeder centerpiece! sb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we had mild winters! Sorry about the allergies. My family will get them badly when spring finally comes around here...right now we have a few inches on the ground and much more expected over the coming months:) Your table looks lovely. I so wish I had one of those feeders, they are so versatile! ANd that amaryllis gives a nice pop of color! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little bird! I thought your flowers were real! Wow.
    I kept the white and Mercury glass out, lots of candles (to combat the grayness!) and lots of decluttering.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I'm working on the blah after Christmas emptiness in my spaces too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of sheet music as a base. That bird is so sweet, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your silk flowers look so real and look really pretty in the old chicken feeder. They were pretty on your tree last year too. Love the tin lantern too. Christmas/winter decoration are still up around here. Hopefully this week they will be put away if the weather gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh i love that! so simple but so gorgeous!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winter table setting is so pretty! I love the chicken feeder, sheet music and those beautiful door knobs. Thanks for sharing with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cecilia, I'm visiting from Roses of Inspiration. I just love your creativity. I too love thrift stores, you never know what you're going to find for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Cecilia! I haven't transitioned yet... I have had a hard time getting motivated. I want it to snow but I'm ready for spring already... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Cecilia, you are ever so clever! I love the sheet music and the addition of the door knobs is brilliant! And the bird...too sweet :) You always create beauty, my friend.

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I like how your transitioned right into winter and it can even work for spring with just a few changes! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty indeed! Your choice for dishes is perfect for a Winter's tablescape and your centerpiece is awesome.
    Dropping by from Have a Daily Cup.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chicken feeder ... the lantern ... the flowers ... everything ... what a lovely winter dining table.

    We haven't had winter for a few years so this is the first year I haven't gone right into spring decor. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with a real January.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!