Vintage Salt and Pepper Shakers: Friday's Find #210


TGITF Friends! This week's fabulous find is a fun assortment of vintage salt and pepper shakers I scored at a church rummage sale. The first set is unlike any I've seen before. It's actually one piece. The set featuring a dog with its house is designed in a way that only one of the shakers dispenses at a time. 


vintage salt and pepper shakers


I remember being enthralled by my grandmother's small salt and pepper collection but I don't recall her having a double sided set like this one. Have you ever seen one?  At first, I thought maybe a previous owner had glued the two shakers together, but I didn't find any signs of that being the case. It is one piece with separate corks on the bottoms for refilling the salt and pepper. It was made in Japan. Available


vintage salt and pepper shakers


Next a vintage set from New Orleans, Louisiana that's right at home with the other state souvenirs in my Etsy shop. 


vintage salt and pepper shakers


The NOLA shakers feature the original Thrifco Ceramics, Made in Japan seals on the bottoms, gold speckled tops and light blue backs. Available


vintage salt and pepper shakers


To tell you the truth, I might have passed on this tupperware, had I not previously sold a similar set within hours of listing it. This large clear set is part of Tupperware's Millionaire series from the 50s.  Available


vintage salt and pepper shakers


This retro set from the 60s is in excellent condition, with the original metallic lettering still visible, which I don't see very often.  Available


vintage salt and pepper shakers


When the price is right, I rarely pass on charming Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper shakers. Available


vintage salt and pepper shakers




My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage salt and pepper shakers



Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. That salt shaker looks like it could chew the bones in a chicken leg and ask for more. My grandma had a similar pair, but I don't remembering it having such a mean and scary face! Some one will love it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that do and doghouse -- how cute is that!? That one is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salt and pepper shaker sets are so much fun, aren't they? I've never seen one like the dog and doghouse. Very unique!
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tupperware S&P triggered memories. My mother would give us kids X amount of sugar in those tiny cups for us to use when eating raw rhubarb; can you feel your mouth puckering up? When it was gone, it was gone! I try not to collect S&Ps but figurine ones (dollhoused size!) often follow me home! I have a friend with over 500 sets; dunno how she keeps track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in the 60's my mother had a set that looked like birds sitting on a log. There were about 6 birds and the log was just a long piece of round wood, like a dowel. They were the same color as the Mr. and Mrs. salt shakers and painted in the same style. I loved playing with them when I was little. I have never seen another set like it .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finds of salt and pepper shakers. Can't beat those church rummage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. S&Ps are one of my weaknesses. I love that they come in so many shapes, sizes, patterns, etc etc... from around the world!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!