Friday's Find #209


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! This week's fabulous features are an eclectic mix of vintage yard sale treasures. Usually when I pick up an old print, more often than not, it's faded, or just not my cup of tea and I've got my eye on the frame. However, that wasn't the case this time and I found myself really drawn to the art. I do plan to give the frame a little love, but it's a keeper. Can you believe it was just .50?


thrift store finds of the week


As long as I have been going to yard sales, I am still surprised when I discover lovely linens buried under a stack of clothes, and that's just where I found these vintage floral napkins. They are in perfect condition too! Available


vintage floral napkins


This gorgeous tablecloth was in the same stack. Aren't the colors perfect? Available


vintage floral tablecloth


This mini metal Washington DC souvenir tray is just 5.5" and the smallest I've come across. Love those cherry blossoms!  Available


Washington DC state souvenir tray


Also buried at a different sale, a pair of sweet hankies.  


vintage hankies


Last Sunday, I shared a rare sneak peek--did you see the centerpiece I created with this charming strawberry basket? Wouldn't it also be darling for a gift basket? I can picture it filled with an assortment of jams or herbal teas. The outer part of the basket is covered in fabric that looks like oilcloth and it came with three cute paper mache strawberries. Available


vintage strawberry basket



My Thrift Store Addiction


fabulous yard sale finds of the week



Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love the paper macre strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage linens. I rarely find vintage linens at garage sales around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen adorable aprons and curtains made from old hankies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cecelia, Have you ever tried spraying kinda vintage prints (not something valuable) with a clear spray--probably matte unless you want it SHINY. Also, a coat of matte over shiny tones down the shine if you don't like it. On SOME prints, it brights up the colors...but it is a hit or miss solution. I guess I have had good luck so far! A lot of these old swan pictures were Home Interior. It took me years to realize why I love (and collect)swans so much; I was really the Ugly Duckling as a child (and Cinderella is my favorite princess); I sure a psychiatrist could have a field day with that!!!! That cherry blossom tray is screaming to be stood up in a spring table/mantelscape! Did you keep the Blue Heaven dishes; they'd be great with that tablecloth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute vintage finds! I love them all. The art work on the first picture is very nice. I can see why it appealed to you. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds! Would love if you'd share them at Reader Tip Tuesday: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/08/reader-tip-tuesday-food-craft-party/
    It' open all week & growing. Would be a great addition to the party to encourage us to look for vintage finds - they are perfect table scape & decorative touches for entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!