Organization and Style: Part 2


Happy Wednesday! As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been bitten by the organization bug and after the satisfaction of completing my first project, I was ready to tackle another! I was considering how I might de-clutter my herb counter--the space where I package my dried herbs for storage and shipping which had become somewhat of an eyesore. I had a sudden epiphany that I was fighting a losing battle without adequate storage for the supplies I use and realized that the answer was right in front of me.  I could free up counter space and organize my supplies simply by emptying the drawer below.  Sorry, I should have taken before photos of the chaotic counter and ridiculously overstuffed utensil drawer but I got a little hasty in my excitement to clear the clutter! Here is my empty drawer, cleaned with my organic lemongrass cleaner--smelling fresh and ready to go:

Declutter a junk drawer


Next, I added various thrifted vessels to organize my supplies.  The nifty-thrifty dollar store wire baskets always come in handy! 


Organization and style

Now there is sufficient space for all my little necessities!  On the right side are my labels and packaging bags.  In the front are my dried herbs, twine, and herb scissors while ready to fill tea bags, raffia and rubberbands fit perfectly in the rear wire baskets. There is even room for shipping tape and business cards.  

Organize kitchen drawer


Ta-daa free counter space!  How do you keep your kitchen tidy? Inspire me! 

Organized kitchen



My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!