Friday's Find: Vintage Treasures!

Thank God it's thrifty Friday! Today I have oodles of thrifty Vintage goodness to share with you--the kind that makes it worth getting out of bed on a rainy morning! I had been looking for milk glass candle sticks so I was thrilled to find both a tall and a shortie. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this divine Hazel Atlas plate with the luscious aqua scalloped rim! Ready for more? We're just getting started...

Vintage milk glass
I was instantly drawn to this rustic shoe shine kit from the 50s.  It's all wood and I am thinking it will make a unique display for something...not sure what yet, but you'll see it soon.  A $5 yard sale find--happy dance! Update: See how I repurposed it!

Vintage shoe shine box

Another Vintage platter....yes please! Especially when it's pretty Royal Vitreous made in England by Maddock and Sons, also a yard sale find! Update: See my upcycle!

Vintage English platter

I adore Vintage tins of all sorts.  This was 50% at my favorite local store and is right at home in my kitchen.  

Vintage tins

As always, I would love to hear about your latest fabulous find! Until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Great finds! I love all but especially love the platter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some really pretty things! I love the deal you got on the shoeshine box, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brothers had a shoeshine kit like yours back in the day. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Cecilia--love the shoe shine box and platter, especially :) Have a great week-end--
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love the short candle stick! Something about the bumps on it. Hm, what are you going to do with that shoe shine box?!?
    😄
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the shoe shine kit, can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds Cecilia, I picked up a small tin like that last week also. Can't get enough. lol! The shoe shine kit is very unique! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! Love that platter especially. Thanks so much for linking up at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo crinoline! I just picked up a few pieces at an auction I went to on Saturday. My first time buying it! Thanks for sharing @ TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great thrifty finds! And the shoe shine kit... sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!