Friday's Find #150



Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends!  Whenever I see crochet hooks and thread, I am reminded of my dear maternal grandmother, Mo-maw. She was a talented seamstress and taught me to crochet as young girl. As Iong as I can remember, an assortment of crochet thread, hooks, buttons and sewing notions were always within reach in her home.  When I came across a ziplock bag filled with this thread, the hook was tucked inside just as it is pictured, with a few rows already "worked," as Mo-maw would say, a further sweet reminder of days past...


Vintage crochet thread



I also found the collapsible egg basket and together they make a sweet display. The basket got a light spray of white paint and remember these buttons?  The vignette provided the perfect way to show off that gorgeous bluebird graphic. 


Vintage thread and button vignette


Even the table was a previous find from a few years ago, that received a thrifty transformation. 


Thrift store table transformation


On to the rest of this week's finds! Still another bag of crochet thread--aren't the colors gorgeous? I'm pondering a repurposed project for these--not a snowman this time, but a similar craft. 

Vintage crochet thread


Isn't it funny when your finds seem to have their own theme? From crochet thread to a pretty finished doily. Again, I love the colors!  Available

Etsy Thrift Store Addiction


For my cat loving friends, I found a cutie! A whimsical hand painted muslin calico:  Available


Etsy Thrift Store Addiction


What a blast from the past! I couldn't resist this retro tote, the inside is pristine! Available


Etsy Thrift Store Addiction



Until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love the little kitten. Good finds. I bet you are out hunting again today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds. I always scoop up crochet thread at the thrift store. There are so many fun projects you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds, Cecilia. I have a had time resisting textiles in general. I had a babysitter teach me to crochet and recently picked it up again to make a few eternity scarves. It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought back a long forgotten memory of my grandma teaching me to crochet when I stayed at her house one summer. Those colors are lovely together. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun goodies! I never learned how to crochet, but it's never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tote reminds me of the one the ladies at church carried. That definitely brings back memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom crocheted but I never could quite get the hang of it! Love that basket! xokathleen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!