Countdown to Christmas Eve: Vintage Thread Snowman!

Happy Wednesday Friends! I have had so much fun repurposing my thrift store finds as Christmas decorations and sharing them with you!  Can you believe we're 5 Wednesdays from Christmas Eve? Our countdown continues with this sweet snowman constructed from Vintage thread spools...

Vintage thread spool snowman

I found a large ziplock bag full of assorted threads and craft supplies including these, for $1 at my favorite thrift store.  I love Vintage spools, especially the wooden ones and was inspired to make this guy.  I used ball head straight pins for the eyes and embroidered the mouth.  Then I hot glued each spool together--couldn't be easier! How do you like his black spool hat?  I had thyme drying in my kitchen and thought its tiny stems made the perfect arms, but twigs would work just as well. As a finishing touch,  I added pearly buttons and a turquoise trim "scarf" I had on hand.  Then I decided to give my little guy some scenery...


Vintage Thread snowman

The handmade sparkly white tree was an estate sale find.  I grabbed it thinking it would be really versatile for different holidays.  Don't you think it makes the perfect display companion for my snowman? Last, I added polyfill snow :) Thanks for stopping by today! 


In case you missed the rest of the series...

My Thrift Store Addiction




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST: 

Thoughts from Alice


The Dedicated House






Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Really creative Cecilia ... Love the sparkly white tree too. You have inspired me to look for some pretty branches in the yard; spray them white and get started on decorating. Love Snowmen.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's sew sweet Cecilia! I have everything to make one. Thinking I'll save him for my January decor.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! You are so creative. Great upcycling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love his little black spool hat and thyme arms! Cute use for those spools of thread. And that sparkly branch was a great find!
    Ack! 5 more Wednesdays! Where has the year gone? I'd better get busy!!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect handmade snowmen. I will definitely try this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party. I'll be sharing on my Facebook page later this morning:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Great way to bring together all your finds. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Saw you on The Dedicated House.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I made one like it last year using the same kinds of thread spools and "hat"! Never shared it on my blog. Great minds think alike. Totally adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with this little guy...great thinking!
    JP

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!