Friday's Find: Estate Sale Linens!

TGITF Friends! Are you ready for some weekend thrifting? I've been to several estate sales recently--one of my favorite places to scavenge Vintage linens! What is it about a delicate lace doily or crisp embroidered pillowcase that makes my heart go pitter patter? Today I am sharing my recent finds plus a few of the ways I use them in my home...

I usually attend estate sales early Friday morning to get first pickings but occasionally it's worth going on a Saturday afternoon when prices have been marked down as was the case for this gorgeous collection! 

Estate sale vintage linens

I love these ornate lace doilies and the long oval shape made one the perfect embellishment for this lumbar style pillow.  I just hand stitched it in several places. 

Vintage lace doily

If you have followed my blog, you know I adore Vintage pillowcases! I use them with all of my bedding and pick them up anytime the price is right.  How sweet are these embroidered pretties? 

Vintage pillowcases

Want more lovely linens?  Here are some of my previous finds... 
(Click on the photos to read the post.)

Vintage tablecloth
Friday's Find

Vintage Linen:  Embroidered Dresser Scarf, Table Runner, Southern Belle, Shabby Chic
SOLD!

Vintage hankies
Vintage Hankies 

Vintage Table Cloth: Shabby Chic, Mid-Century, Red & Blue, 42" x 42"
SOLD!

So glad you stopped by today--until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Very pretty linens Cecilia and I love the way you used one on the pillow. Yes, sometimes it pays to go the second day of an estate sale to get the reduced prices, especially linens.
    Have a great week-end.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to an estate sale. I think it's time I do. You found some pretty things. Have a Blessed day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty linens. You found some very lovely treasures at the estate sale. I have never been to one either. Hopefully I can someday. My favorite places to find vintage linens is a local flea market that has some very good vendors that specialize in vintage linens at very reasonable prices.

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love vintage linens Cecilia! Love the doily on the pillow. It's just the perfect touch! I always head to the bedroom to find linens at estate sales also. Seems that everything goes so fast at sales around here. I've only been to one later in the day on a Friday and there was practically nothing left. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage linens and have a serious problem when it comes to them... I tend to buy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them, too! Yours look perfect. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely linens, Cecilia--I'm partial to them myself. I love vintage sheets and pillowcases because of their wonderful colors and patterns and because they are so soft. I love some of the white embroidery on white background that I have. Have a great week-end!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!