The Blessing Box: A Gift Basket Reimagined


Happy Wednesday Friends!  Several days ago I was planning a gift basket for a dear friend who was having surgery.  As I was hunting my stash for just the right basket, I came across a small wooden crate and had an ah-hah moment...


Blessing box gift basket alternative



Instead of the usual gift basket, I would create a blessing box. Our friendship is such a gift and I wanted to bless my friend, as she has blessed me.  I've actually had this little crate for some time and had painted it a pretty robin's egg after bringing it home from the thrift store. I knew it would eventually come in handy and so it has.


Blessing box gift basket alternative


I already had these fun scrapbook stickers too. I'd bought them with a previous project in mind and they ended up being too big, but they're a perfect fit on the side of the crate. 

Blessing box gift basket alternative



It was looking so nice on the outside, I decided to line the inside, with laminated burlap I had left from my clipboard art. 


Blessing box gift basket alternative


Next, I  wanted to include a written blessing that would last beyond the contents of the box. I used a Sharpie to write on the bottom of the box, but you can add a gift card if you prefer.


Blessing box gift basket alternative



Now, to fill it with goodies! First, her favorite salad. Find the caprese recipe here.


Blessing box gift basket alternative


Next, some relaxing herbal tea, 


Blessing box gift basket alternative



and a small pot of miniature roses.  Look closely and you can see the caprese filled Pyrex just under the tea bags. 



Blessing box gift basket alternative



Last, I tucked in a magazine to enjoy while she recuperated.  


Blessing box gift basket alternative




My Thrift Store Addiction


Blessing box gift basket alternative



My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Your friend is very blessed by you! That is the perfect recovery gift and she will be reminded of you every time she uses the box after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. I'm sure your friend has been blessed by your thoughtfulness! I love the box; it makes a perfect gift basket and will continue to be useful after its initial use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! I'm sure she WILL be blessed by the box you thoughtfully prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet gift and the box can be used again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful friend to prepare such a delightful gift box. She can enjoy the contents then she can use the crate for a multitude of purposes including a thoughtful reminder of your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and delightful gift basket! I can only imagine how the pretty box lifted the spirits of your friend! ...love the "blessings" letters! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift I have a friend who is literally moving into a house as we speak. This is so up her alley and would make such a fabulous housewarming gift. I am copying you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a thoughtful friend Cecilia! What a lovely idea and I think I like it even better than a typical basket. Beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty blue box and bible verse. She's one lucky lady! XoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet and such a thoughtful gift that will be forever useful. Your friend will feel so special. The salad looks so good ... I need to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a unique and thoughtful gift! Homemade from the heart is truly the way to bless a close friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! We have new neighbors and I need to take them a sweet gift. Thank you for inspiration. Pinned.

    Happy Thoughts of Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!