Gnome Sweet Home: Created from Yard Sale Finds!


Happy Wednesday Friends! Ginger Grand left yesterday and I miss him already, so I thought I'd share one of his favorite projects from our time together...


Gnome sweet home


At the beginning of yard sale season, I picked up a log like container for .50 thinking I'd use it as a planter. However, after seeing it lying on its side as pictured above, I got the idea for a project for Ginger Grand's visit, and I started gathering little trinkets I found at yard sales. I collected ladybugs, a tiny fence, and a miniature twiggy garden chair. I also found a little plastic play mat decorated with a garden scene and fountains. Before he arrived, I placed the log with the opening facing like a door, snug against the tree where his swing hangs. When he discovered it, he was excited to set up the garden mat by himself and loved it when I suggested we find some flowers and branches for the gnome home's entrance.


Gnome sweet home


Next we used Tacky to secure the fence, chair and Mr. Gnome to the mat. Incidentally, the gnome was my only non-yard sale purchase and I used a coupon to buy him at Hobby Lobby. While we created several projects for Ginger Grand to take back home, I thought this would be a fun one to add to whenever he visits.  GG arranged ladybugs throughout the garden and we added a sign. I asked if he thought it would be fun to write Gnome Sweet Home instead of the usual Home Sweet Home, which he thought was hilarious! He giggled when I wrote it and every time the project came up during his stay, he would laugh and say "GNOME sweet home!" 


Gnome sweet home



As many photos as I snapped during his visit, it is really hard to pick a favorite but this might just be the one because it really captures his personality ;) 

Gnome sweet home




My Thrift Store Addiction

Gnome Sweet Home


Happy creating!

My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Brilliant idea and GG is gorgeous, such a beautiful twinkle in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and great way to spend time together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure which one is more adorable, him or the gnome home! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun! I love anything to do with fairy gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love it and the picture of GG is adorable. Such a mischievous and sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable project and a sweet little guy! You are creating very special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! He's going to take home many fun memories of his time together with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is adorable and I love the Gnome Sweet Gnome! What fun and such a creative time. I know you miss him!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a clever title and your little grandson is just so incredibly sweet! I know how your heart is just so full of love for him and the great time you had during his visit.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at TOHOT!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!