Vintage Christmas: Friday's Find #218


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Like many of you, I shop thrift stores for Christmas treasures year round. Not only do I buy most of my own Christmas decor, I also stock  my Etsy shop.  I couldn't resist this pair of whimsical snowman pictures. Aren't they darling? 

Fabulous thrift store finds of the week


These appear to be vintage Christmas cards that were professionally mounted on rustic 8" x 10" boards. The edges are finished with black paint and the brown paper backing that frame shops and some galleries use is stamped from a shop called Jan's Junction, Spring Texas.


Vintage Christmas card art


I doubt it is still in business, as there aren't any online listings.  I love the retro graphics and am selling them as a pair. Set of 2 Available


vintage snowman Christmas art


Vintage Christmas linens have been a good seller for me, so I was happy to find several this week. First, this beautiful poinsettia tablecloth, that's in perfect condition. This would be ideal if you love poinsettias but don't want red to be the predominant color. The red poinsettias pictured, are at each corner.  The bottom photo is the center and the white poinsettias on the left are on the ends and sides of the tablecloth. It's a large one--70" x 89". Available


vintage Christmas tablecloth


Next, I found two handmade vintage aprons. Isn't the ornament applique on the pocket of this green one cute? Available


Vintage handmade Christmas apron


I love the pretty print and Noel design on this one, too!  Available


vintage Christmas apron


Finding just the right Christmas table runner can be a challenge, so I grabbed all three of these! The first is handmade and features red and white plaid fabric with a holly design. At 17" x 53", it's slightly wider than most. Available


handmade Christmas table runner


This festive poinsettia runner appears to have been handmade from a vintage tablecloth. The fabric is absolutely spotless, but the serged edges have a few stretched places. {See more details in listing.} Available


vintage poinsettia table runner


This pretty Kolf Christmas table runner made in Austria, looks brand new! Available


Vintage Kolf Austrian Christmas linen


Last but not least, a charming needlepoint angel pillow. The back of the zippered cover is ivory velvet and is pristine! Available


vintage needlepoint pillow



My Thrift Store Addiction


Vintage Christmas finds available at Etsy Thrift Store Addiction

Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link



Would you like to comment?

  1. I love all your Christmas finds! I especially like the aprons and the mounted cards. That gives me an idea to mount some anniversary cards I got in an auction lot. They are the pretty satin puffy kind and I just can't bear to just throw them away. Mounting them would allow other people to use them for their own anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I just love finding Christmas "treasures" of all kinds. I waste my time ironing and spray starching table linens, etc. and they look SO nice! I bet with spray adhesive and a new utility blade, you could mount your own cards/prints on boards or foamcore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute "Christmas card" pictures. You found some really nice stuff.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see Christmas goodies showing up in the thrift stores again...I love vintage Christmas! That apron with the ornament applique is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool finds Cecilia! Love the vintage cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore vintage Christmas and you found a bunch of great things. I just love the poinsettia and holly on vintage linens. I love finding them year round to store away. I have three bins full now to sort and list or put in my booth. I want to keep them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! So many wonderful vintage items!! Love them!! Thanks so much for visiting!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!