Thrifty Table Transformed!


Happy Wednesday Friends! At first glance, this little thrift store table looked pretty forlorn.  I walked past her the first time, but came back after a few minutes.  I had a feeling she would look much more cheerful with a little love and paint.  Sure enough, it was a simple transformation and only cost $4! 

Vintage thrift store table transformed by paint

The sad before had peeling stain and something wobbly going on with the legs. Upon closer inspection, I found that the bottom of the legs had extensions that were screwed in but a few of the screws were stripped producing the wobble, so I just took them off.  The table was still plenty tall enough and much more secure.  

Thrift store table transformed with paint

I sanded lightly before painting.  I am going to confess that I used spray paint--yep, spray paint!  I understand that some people really don't like to use spray paint on furniture not intended for the patio, but it works for me.  I probably wouldn't use it on a large piece of furniture and I recommend using a good spray paint.  For this particular project, I really wanted to use this pale blue and I had a can sitting at home--need I say more? Plus, I think the happy after speaks for itself :)

Thrift store table transformed with spray paint

Here's the pretty girl all dressed up with my latest thrifted milk glass!

Thrift store table transformed with spray paint

Do you enjoy giving your thrifted finds a makeover? I would love to hear about your latest endeavor! 

My Thrift Store Addiction




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


 The Dedicated House





Party link










Would you like to comment?

  1. That turned out so cute!! Love the color and I'm good with spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out really cute Cecilia. Such a nice size that can be used in lots of places.
    Nothing wrong with using spray paint if you want too.
    I found some great (spray paint) colors today for the project I am working on and excited about that.
    Nice to see you today at the 25¢ Sale. Anxious to see your treasures.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute table and has a new life now turned out super cute and i love your white milk glass as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the color! And I love milk glass too. I have a small collection. A pretty pitcher I found in OR, S&P shakers, and a few other odds and ends.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is just adorable, love the color!!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous transformation! Paint has got to be the most wonderful medium to work with. And to think someone gave that adorable table away when all it needed was a facelift :) Love the color you chose. The milk glass looks great with it too.

    ♥Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty little table! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Round-Up from the Before and After Wednesday part at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/the-round-up-from-before-and-after_30.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love small tables like this, so perfect for so many spaces. Great find. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!