Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio!

Good Morning to You, Sunshine! This past weekend I literally "lightened up" and gave my patio set some much needed love.  Don't these colors just make you happy? Now, I'm ready to plan brunch in the garden!  Follow along to see how I transformed my thrifted outdoor furniture from blah to brilliant...
Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com With a little paint, you can create a pretty patio with mismatched yard sale furniture!

 When I assembled this grouping from yard sale finds a few years ago I painted each piece black.  It has served me well, but I was ready for a change.  I rinsed off the set and covered the patio with a dollar store drop cloth.  You can see a photo of my  prep and paint on instagram--once it was cleaned, it basically just needed a light sanding.  


Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Mismatched yard sale furniture BEFORE painting bright colors for a fresh look


Here's the table freshly painted.  I used Rust-oleum spray paint  as I mentioned in my Adirondack rescue, Sail Blue is my preferred happy color :) 


Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Mismatched yard sale furniture refreshed with spray paint


My $3 wicker loveseat is looking pretty snazzy with her new coat of Sunburst Yellow! The blue  seat cushion is from Ross and the outdoor throw pillows from Target.  


Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Mismatched yard sale furniture refreshed with spray paint to create a pretty patio


The yellow seat cushions are from Tuesday Morning and last but not least, I added a sunny centerpiece from recent finds.


Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Refresh mismatched yard sale with spray paint to create a pretty patio


The charming hand painted enamelware is from my Etsy shop and the sweet little porcelain bunny dish and lemons are yard sale treasures.  Remember my Vintage pitcher from Denver?


Good Morning Sunshine: Project Pretty Patio mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Refresh mismatched yard sale with spray paint to create a pretty patio

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back Sunday when I'll be sharing a full garden tour. Until then, happy hunting!


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


Rooted In Thyme                                                                              Embracing Change

                                            



SHARED WITH THESE FABULOUS BLOGGERS: 
                                                           

Would you like to comment?

  1. Blue and yellow are my favorite colors. You have done an amazing job of transforming some otherwise very drab patio furniture. Love it... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy! I am really pleased with the color combination--thanks for sharing! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful Cecilia ... love that sun yellow color. What brand of paint? May be perfect for a park bench I need to paint. Love the blue and yellow combination and your cushions and pillows are lovely. Great fresh look for your backyard party. Missed you today at Finds. Have a wonderful 4th.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Audrey! The paint colors are both Rustoleum--Blue Sail & Sun Burst Yellow. Happy Fourth to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blue! Great choice. Looks great and yes, happy!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue and yellow together! So "Provence" looking. Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Life Thursday at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue and yellow comb is just happy together! love it and your vintage treasures! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to let you know you are one of the Features at One More Time Events ...Thank you for sharing...Party is open hope to see you at this weeks party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful colors !
    Looks so summery and pretty - what time is brunch?
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!