Summertime: Patriotic Planters!


Greetings Friends, I'm so glad you are here! Are you ready for The Fourth? I bet you are ready for a nice long holiday weekend!  Friday's Find offered some colorful ideas for decorating your garden with festive thrifted treasures.  Today I am continuing the spirit with these cheery patriotic planters for your porch, patio or even indoors...

Upcycled patriotic planters
Remember my thrift store tablecloth? It's lovely on my outdoor table in the gazebo but my thrifted milk glass arrangements have since been moved inside to the breakfast table.  Milk glass is so versatile--I just love it! 

Upcycled patriotic planters

I found this star stamped planter at a yard sale for .75! Isn't she perfect for my red petunias? Remember, shopping off season is the best way to find great bargains and that applies to thrifting and yard sales as well. I bought this baby during the winter months. Now it brightens my fence and makes me smile when I look through my back door window!

Upcycled patriotic planters

Repurposing is the epitome of thriftiness.  Being the thrifty girl that I am, I am constantly recreating with otherwise cast offs like this chair.  The worn out seat made it the perfect candidate for a planter.  It just wanted to be this happy blue :)  The thrifted tray only needed a few coats of chalkboard paint to serve as a garden sign. Little red birdie told me he and the welcome sign came from a yard sale!  

Upcycled thrift store patriotic planters

I picked up several of these blue wire baskets from my favorite thrift store.  Wrapping my vinca in red jute ribbon and tucking them inside made a nice deer proof arrangement for the bistro table near my back door.  The finishing touch was my .25 pewter star! 

Patriotic planters

My new blogging friend Carol reminded me with a helpful comment that our patriotic pretties are timely through Labor Day.  If you haven't checked out her inspiring blog, you are missing out.  I have to warn you though, you may be hit with a sudden urge to be at the beach!   Do you enjoy adding stars and stripes to your outdoor space? Please share--I would love to hear from you! 
My Thrift Store Addiction




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

                                                              








Would you like to comment?

  1. Love your thrifty finds! I love to decorate in the summer with red, white and blue. I use all my Texas collectibles then also. I live in Georgia now but was born in Texas. I love Carol and her blog and that is where I found your blog!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Linda! Nice to connect with another Texas girl :) Thanks for your sweet thoughts--heading over to check out your blog soon! Blessings, Cecilia

      Delete
  2. Love all your decorations Cecilia. My daughter wants your star table cloth ... she also loves your decorations as she is planing her 4th of July and Dad's birthday dinner. That star-stamped metal planter is so pretty, I would smile at it too. Looks sponge stamped. Maybe I could try that. Thanks for sharing your talents for creative decorating.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweet Audrey! Yes, someone used a star sponge on the planter & I was happy to find it. Bet your daughter's 4th of July and birthday dinner for her Dad will be lovely. Blessings, Cecilia

      Delete
  3. I knew instantly that you were talking about Carol from Art and Sand. A sweet friend indeed! I too love shopping at thrift stores and pick up off season things. Like you say, best way to save. Your planters are so fun and I love the star stenciled bucket!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by Jann! I enjoyed finding your blog and appreciate your comments. Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Sweet Haute. Great planter ideas! Love the holiday theme. Pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Shari! Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up at Motivational Monday! Would love to see you back tomorrow with any DIy :) Love these planters... Pinned to our Pinterest board :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!