Friday's Find: Vintage Luggage


Hello! Oh. My. Thrifty-Goodness! Looky what I found last weekend at a neighborhood yard sale just sitting on a driveway waiting for me!  I should mention that this neighborhood sale was getting some serious traffic.  Cars were lined up and down the street.  As I got out of my car I spotted these beauties and noticed several people walking up beside me.  I hustled on over and bent down to look at the price--then I did a double take--Samsonite and $4!! I honestly thought I might have missed seeing the zero next to that four! I rushed over to the sweet elderly couple hosting the sale.  I told them that I wanted the luggage and the gentleman told me that it belonged to the family that raised him.  Aww....I just love that! Great story and best luggage find ever!

Vintage Samsonite luggage set

Can you believe it still has the original tag and key?! I learned that it was made in the 50s and is called Bermuda Green.  The color is closer to what I would call robin's egg--perfect with my decor!  On occasion, I have seen a single case of this variety; usually in an antique shop and always very pricey.  Most of the wear shows on the ivory trim but the insides are absolutely pristine! 

Vintage Samsonite luggage set

To see how I use Vintage luggage in my home, check out these posts:

Thanks for stopping by today! Come again soon and please share your latest fab find!

My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                                   Embracing Change






Party link





Would you like to comment?

  1. hi Cecelia ... you really did get the buy of the year. Beautiful set. I am sure you will enjoy it.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey--I sure thought so! Did you see Find's is going to bump their Wed sale up to 9:00 for the summer? Sounds like a good plan to me!

      Delete
  2. Great set! Can't wait to see how you creatively get them displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I thought of you right away! Hope you find your set soon :)

      Delete
  3. This IS a great find! I picked up a single piece of luggage I couldn't pass up a couple of weeks ago. I still haven't decided exactly what to do with it, but soon... Thanks for sharing! (P.S. I'm visiting from nifty thrifty Thursday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monica! I find it so handy for decorative storage :) I just found NTT--happy to join the party! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I'm following you now! I love this luggage. My Mom had this color when I was young. Oh how I wish we still had it! I think she had a round hat box also. Great find for you!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these, and a whole set!!! Thanks for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I love the color and they look like they are in perfect shape :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a GREAT find! Such good condition, too. I can't get over the price OR the fact it has the tag & key! Thank you for sharing this at the History & Home link party. I'm so glad you joined us! Take care, Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in absolute awe! $4?!?! That is TOTALLY awesome. I would love to own this set - I collect anything vintage and green! :) Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are probably the best vintage luggage find i have ever seen or heard of! lucky lucky girl you are! im as green with envy as those lovely cases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog. Love it!!! And this luggage is awesome! My mom was given this same set when she graduated from high school in 1958. I used it growing up. When I went to my parent's house back in June, I trekked up into their attic to get the luggage and bring it home with me! I don't have the biggest piece. Just the other two. :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!