Friday's Find: Yard Sale Picnic Basket

Hello Friends! Was it just me or did this seem like a long week? Well, thrifty Friday is finally here and this girl is ready for the weekend! Are you ready for today's fabulous find?

Yard sale picnic basket upcycle

I found this sweet picnic basket at a yard sale. The handles are nice and sturdy and it is in great condition. I even considered leaving it "as is"..........nah!

Yard sale picnic basket

All she needed was a coat of robin's egg blue and a little bling!  I have been picking up Vintage silver flatware here and there whenever I see a good buy.  I love the contrast of its worn patina against the freshly painted basket.  A tisket, a tasket, a hankie in my basket! 

Upcycled yard sale picnic basket

Until next time, happy hunting! 


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

                                         The Dedicated House

My Thrift Store Addiction




Would you like to comment?

  1. Love this Cecilia and the hankie matches so well. Love that color. Wishing for that color for my clock case, but not spray paint.
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love baskets and yours turned out really cool! A touch of bling is always great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good basket makeover. thanks for coming over to read about my pink tray. Did you know you are a "no reply" commenter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color you painted this basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia, it's such a pretty basket! Great color of course! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/anything-blue-friday-week-67.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find! I love the napkin with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What color did you use on that gorgeous basket? I LOVE it! So glad you painted it. What a difference it makes. None of my baskets are safe now after seeing this. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!