The Sixth Day of Christmas: Vintage Tom and Jerry


TGITF and what would the Twelve Days of Christmas be without a fabulous find? On this Sixth Day, I am happy to oblige with these Vintage Tom and Jerry milk glass eggnog mugs!  I have learned from experience to buy in any season, when the price is right.  Such was the case with these darling mugs!



Vintage Tom & Jerry mugs




Several months ago, I spied them in a Christmas display; many thrift stores have Christmas sections year round.   As I have shared before, I love the history that accompanies Vintage finds. Though the mugs were produced by Hazel Atlas in the 50s, I learned that these Tom and Jerry dudes were originally characters from a book dating all the way back to 1821!  Pierce Egan wrote a book titled "Life of London: or Days and Nights of Jerry Hawthorne and His Elegant Friend Corinthina Tom."  To promote his book, Mr. Egan concocted his own eggnog recipe which he called "Tom and Jerry". Interestingly, this eggnog mix can still be purchased online.  Cheers to all of you! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!