The Fifth Day of Christmas: Bling Your Bargains!


Welcome to our Fifth Day! I bet you have been busy decking your halls! I found some great bargains on decorations this year at stores like Michaels, Big Lots, and Target.  I love the challenge of giving an ordinary item extra personality by combining it with a thrifted find or adding a simple handmade touch.  I fell in love with this garland from Big Lots.  I needed to replace some tired, old garland and when I saw this glittery, delicate one for $10, I was sold.  Plus, if you join Big Lots reward club, you will receive coupons by email.  I made a few trips to use coupons from two different weeks. So I received a total of $20 off my 6 garlands!  This garland hangs near my silver collection, thus the inspiration for the Vintage platter as a backdrop for Merry, which I found at Michaels for $1.  In fact I got three, each arranged in the garland--Merry, Merry, Merry!   Peace and Silent Night were also available. I am obsessed with Michaels dollar section.  If you have not browsed this section, you are missing out!  They change it up periodically and always offer a variety of choices.  If you are planning to shop at Michaels or Target, check their website first, as they almost always have some type of coupon. 

Holiday bargains


These pillows were only $3 at Target! Great colors and design, they just needed a little bling...


Upcycled bargain pillows


The felt snowflake was originally a coaster from last year's holiday clearance.  This Vintage brooch performs double duty, keeping the snowflake in place and adding sparkle!  I adore old jewelry and you would be surprised how often I come across it thrifting.  I like to pick it up for times such as these.


Upcycled holiday pillows


For example, this small flower pin fits perfectly as the "o" without detracting from the text. These little touches infuse charm without overdoing it--I knew these brooches would come in handy!


Vintage jewelry embellished pillow


I would love to see how you've combined store bargains and thrift finds to decorate for the holidays.  Share the love!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!