Friday's Find: Thrift Store Mirror Makeover



Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Today's find is this marvelously ornate mirror! The size alone gave me pause, but at 50% off the already discounted price at my favorite thrift haunt, I knew I would regret walking away from this one! It is huge and was not easy to hang, but done oh so carefully and with lots of prayer-- seriously! It looks right at home above my mantel, though I probably will paint it


Thrift store mirror



My Autumn Harvest mantel was in the works before finding today's treasure. My goal is to repaint it before sharing the mantel post. I am thinking of adding a creamy ivory shade while allowing some of the gold to peek through. Update! Below is the After: 

Upcycled thrift store mirror




My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on such a white AND grey kick these days. Either would be perfect! Especially with your wall...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!