Warm & Cozy Guest Rooms


Greetings Friends!The holidays are just around the corner--are you expecting visiting family and friends?  A few simple preparations in your guest room can help give your visitors a warm welcome. Consider small, thoughtful gestures they would enjoy like this cozy chair tucked in the corner for reading.




Warm and Cozy Guest Rooms  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Cozy bedroom touches with thrift store decor















































Comfy pillows and bedding are a must, but don't have to be expensive to be inviting.  I buy most of my linens at thrift stores.  You would be surprised how often they are like new!  As with most thrift purchases, shopping often and careful examination before purchasing is key.  A naturally fragrant home is relaxing and welcoming--I spray all bedding with my own lavender linen spray.


Warm and Cozy Guest Rooms  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Comfy bedding and lavender linen spray to make your guests feel welcome!


Fresh flowers, hand lotion, and mints placed on the bedside table convey hospitality.  You may prefer to provide a personalized basket specific to your guest's personality--get creative with it!



Warm and Cozy Guest Rooms  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Fresh flowers, a reading lamp and mints offer a warm welcome.
A tiny vase of fresh flowers, chocolate mints and hand balm--small gestures your guests will appreciate.  

Providing tissues and a carafe of water is thoughtful and I also like to keep a snuggly robe on the back of the guest room door.  

Warm and Cozy Guest Rooms  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  Offer guests a breakfast tray complete with a water carafe
This handy tray stand is ready for breakfast in bed or a late night snack!

Warm and Cozy Guest Rooms  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com  A snuggly robe on the back of the door offers comfort to guests!
Snuggly chenille robe for extra warmth and comfort

What kind of amenities do you enjoy away from home that you might extend to your guests?  I would love to hear your thoughts!


Would you like to comment?

  1. Your rooms are so inviting and make me feel at home. I am looking forward to creating warm and inviting spaces in my own casa.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!