Cozy Autumn Decor Vibes (Get Lost Heat Dome!)

Happy Monday, Friends! I'm so excited to be joining the Bloggers' Best Fall Home Tours hosted by Kelly from The Tattered Pew, which means you'll get a glimpse of beautiful seasonal decor inspiration from several different homes each day this week! So grab your favorite tea or coffee (iced mocha latte for me!) and come on in

cozy autumn home tour

If you hopped over after visiting the lovely home of Stacy from Bricks 'n Blooms, welcome! What comes to mind when you think of fall? It sure isn't the weather here in Texas--let me tell you, I have never been more ready for the seasons to change! Even though we've been told to expect several more weeks of this extreme heat dome that has resulted in relentless 100+ temps, I am determined to channel cozy autumn vibes--at least indoors! 

cozy autumn home tour

I've drawn inspiration from timeworn textures like the handmade wool pear I added to my velvety lamb's ear wreaths...

cozy autumn home tour

...and vibrant natural hues like these gorgeous apples.

cozy autumn home tour

Doesn't nature provide the prettiest color palettes? 

cozy autumn home tour

Here's a peek of the morning sunlight streaming into my kitchen. 

cozy autumn home tour

As a book nerd, I adore featuring vintage books in my decor. 

cozy autumn home tour

 My vintage jadeite display has been styled with natural accents for the season.

cozy autumn home tour

I gathered acorns, wildflowers, and dried wheat stems.

cozy autumn home tour

You can see how to create my DIY succulent pumpkins, here.

cozy autumn home tour

Next to my vintage jadeite, my collected transferware wall may be my favorite. This time, I included several close-ups of some of the individual plates I have found at estate sales and thrift stores over the years.

cozy autumn home tour
cozy autumn home tour

Friday, I shared some of my recent bargains, including the lovely leaf garland that I spruced up with real pressed leaves and featured on my dining room buffet. 

cozy autumn home tour
cozy autumn home tour

I found the sweet flocked pumpkins at Target's dollar spot. 

cozy autumn home tour

In the living room, a marquee pumpkin light adds a touch of whimsy. You can see my thrifty tips for crafting seasonal pillows, here. 

cozy autumn home tour

These cute felt acorns are from the dollar store. They were originally on stems but it was an easy tweak to add them to the handmade doily garland.

cozy autumn home tour

Who doesn't love velvet pumpkins

cozy autumn home tour
cozy autumn home tour

Here's a closer look at the decor on the sofa table. 

cozy autumn home tour

Now we've come full circle back to the dining room and the gallery wall...

cozy autumn home tour

...over the mantel.

cozy autumn home tour

I guess you can tell I'm fond of acorns! 

cozy autumn home tour

Given our long hot summer, I am finding shades of greens and creams very soothing. 

cozy autumn home tour


cozy autumn home tour

In case you missed it, you can find my autumn tablescape, here.

cozy autumn home tour

My Thrift Store Addiction

vintage autumn home tour

I'm so glad you stopped by! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the beautiful home of our gracious host, Kelly from The Tattered Pew! 


Bloggers' Best Fall Home Tours


This week I am joining some of my blogging friends for the Bloggers’ Best Fall Home Tours. Thirty talented and creative women will be opening their homes up for you to tour all week long. You can visit each Fall home tour by clicking the links below.


Monday's Tours


Bloggers' Best Fall Tour 23

The Tattered Pew // StoneGable // My Wee Abode

Cottage On Bunker Hill // Bricks n' Blooms // My Thrift Store Addiction


Tuesday's Tours

Tuesday Tour Collage 23

She Gave It A Go // Midwest Life and Style // Open Doors Open Hearts

Peacock Ridge Farm // Cottage In The Mitten


Wednesday's Tours

Wednesday Fall Tours 23

White Lilac Farmhouse // Shiplap and Shells // The Ponds Farmhouse

WM Design House // DIY Beautify // This Is Simplicite


Thursday's Tours

Thursday's Fall  Tours 23

Eleanor Rose Home // Robyn's French Nest // Worthing Court

Southern Home and Hospitality // Amy Sadler Designs // Our Crafty Mom


Friday's Tours

Friday Fall Tours 23

White Arrows Home // A Life Unfolding // County Road 407

Thistle Key Lane // Pasha Is Home // My Family Thyme


Bloggers Best Fall Home Tours 2023

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Would you like to comment?

  1. We're under the same heat dome that you are and it keeps hanging on! First of all I love your wonderful frenchy sofa and your transferware plate collection. Just gorgeous! And that pear!! so cute and fun inside the wreath. Hoping things cool off quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia, it is such a pleasure to view one of the Fall home tours in your home. I love the organized simplicity of your collections and all the interesting pieces. But, most of what I love is not being bombarded with ads while trying to view a home tour---! Pass this on to some of your comrades...some I couldn't even get three photos in---without seeing 6 ads. Grins and happy Fall, you are so ready with your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That acorn garland is very cute, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, I always enjoy seeing how you decorate your home each season. The sunflowers add such a fun pop of color and I love how the yellow contrasts with all the pretty jadeite dishes.

    I love your pretty plate collage too! Happy to be hopping with you this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your fall elements are so pretty, Cecilia... Love that heart wheat decor above the mantel. And I think Lamb's Ear is always a lovely addition to fall decor! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so pretty, Cecilia! I have that little fall sign, love it. And I've always loved that plate wall!!!! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia You know I love your jadeite and seeing it decorated for Fall is even better. You have such a talent for weaving in vintage and collected items, I especially loved your books. I love decorating with books too. Thanks for joining me this week and happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy almost fall, Cecilia! I hope your hot weather passes soon. We are steamy hot here too! Your collection of jadeite and transferware plates are really very beautiful. It make a lovely statement for early fall. I too love acorns. It was a delight seeing how you sprinkled them here and there in your home. I have not remember the story of naughty Nutkin for decades and decades. What a treasure to have this Beatrix Potter book. I love the way you mix your vintage, antiques and thrift store finds together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home looks so lovely decorated for Fall! Your dishware collection is amazing. Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecelia, I love how you styled your vintage jadeite for fall. I love seeing all of your collectibles displayed. Your home is so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia I always love dropping by your vintage home! Your style is so eclectic, unique and beautiful and I love how you decorated it for early fall. That jadeite is so pretty! xo stacy from bricks 'n blooms

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always find so many lovely things on your blog. The acorn and doily garland has to be my favorite this year but it's all so cute. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty Fall home, Cecilia!! I love all of the rustic touches mixed with all of your lovely vintage pieces. Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecelia, what a beautiful collection of vintage plates and Jadite you have. I have always wanted a collection of Jadite, but never seem to be able to find pieces that are somewhat affordable. They look so pretty in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecelia, that little wool pear is so adorable, I want to make one! Your fall home is beautiful and that jadeite collecting always shines! Fingers crossed for chilly weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your jadeite decorated for fall looks so pretty! I always love your transferware collection. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful autumn vibes Cecilia. I love using green apples in my vignettes too. Your signature jadeite collection and plate wall makes me smile every time. Thank you for the inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you have one of the prettiest transferware collections Cecilia! Those colors are so perfect for fall. Beautiful tour!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Incredible. I love how you incorporated your green jadeite collection into the fall decor. I just gave all my jadeite to my daughter other than some bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecelia, I love acorns and that garland is just adorable. Such a fun tour and your autumn table is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cecilia,
    Your home looks lovely..I adore your use of the doilies for a garland...So cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. That beautiful Jadite collection looks good for any season Cecilia! And I love your little acorns too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cecilia, I love your Jadeite collection and it looks so pretty styled for Fall. You acorn wreath is going on my list of future projects to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm tired, all the rain has aggravated the arthritis in my low back and knees, and I hurt. BUT when I saw the squirrel reading The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin, I broke out in a big grin. I always enjoy a tour of your house; the calm colors make me feel serene and I always love seeing your Jadeite (I still only have 3 pieces!). thank you for lifting my spirits!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!