Savory or Sweet Puff Pastry Croissants

Happy Monday, Friends! I have recently discovered how easy it is to whip up delicious homemade croissants using puff pastry. Today I'm sharing a few favorites so you can choose savory, sweet, or both...

puff pastry recipes

If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember this heart-shaped pastry I shared near Valentine's Day. I added only a few tablespoons of chocolate chips to create this yummy chocolate-filled treat. Truthfully, I have been obsessed with puff pastry ever since! 

Simple puff pastry recipes

Ready to make your own? Here's what you'll need: 

Puff pastry sheets 
Desired filling:
Almond paste and sliced almonds
Chocolate chips
Spinach and white cheddar
Parchment paper

If you haven't used puff pastry before, it usually comes frozen but thaws quickly. Place it on parchment paper for cutting, preparation, and baking. Whether you cut it small enough to place over muffin tins for mini puffs or cut sheets into three or four sections for croissants, the preparation will be the same. These are spinach and white cheddar. 

puff pastry recipes

I haven't specified the amount of ingredients because it will depend on the size pastry you prefer, but fill it so the dough can be folded over without ingredients spilling over. 

puff pastry recipes

To make almond croissants, follow the same process, but this time fill with almond paste. Top with sliced almonds before baking.

puff pastry recipes

Bake at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Enjoy!

puff pastry recipes

My Thrift Store Addiction


My Thrift Store Addiction

Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecelia,
    O My!! Now don't those look yummy!! Thanks for dropping by again!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!