80th Birthday Celebration for Mom and Jeff

Happy Monday, Friends! Last month, we celebrated my mother and stepfather's 80th birthdays! It was a sweet time of reconnecting with family--most I hadn't seen since before the pandemic. Today I'm sharing highlights from the celebratory weekend...

80th birthday celebration

I rode to League City with Dear Firstborn and her fiance EL who drove in all the way from Ft. Collins, CO. We arrived Friday, gathered for brunch on Saturday morning, followed by Panera sandwiches and birthday cake at Mom's that evening. 

80th birthday celebration
Mom & Jeff, me & Dear Firstborn, Mom


My stepfather's 80th birthday was in September, and they decided to wait until Mom's birthday in April to have their milestone celebration. On Sunday, we celebrated at their favorite restaurant, Marais. If you live in the Houston area, I can't say enough about their gracious waitstaff, delicious food, and charming ambiance! 

80th birthday celebration
Mom & Jeff, Mom & me, Mom


For Mother's Day, I gifted my mom a photo book to commemorate the special celebration. (Unfortunately Youngest Daughter's family wasn't able to make it, since she is a teacher and they were right in the middle of state testing--they were missed but with us in spirit!)


Favorite Son, Jess (SIL) me, Ron (brother) Mom, Kai & Miles (nephews) ~ Ron & Favorite Son
80th birthday celebration
Trey (brother) & his son Aaron (nephew) ~ Sarah (SIL) & Aaron 


Dear Firstborn & Fiance EL ~ Dear Firstborn & Me 
80th birthday celebration
Favorite Son & me ~ Favorite Son & Dear Firstborn


Ron, Favorite Son, Mom ~ Mom's Grandkids
Dear Firstborn, EL & Favorite Son ~ DF & Aaron (Mom's Oldest & Youngest Grands) 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. A lovely family and wonderful celebration to gather memories for the future. I cherish my memories since I recently lost my father, mother, brother and his wife. The memories are what becomes a constant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your beautiful family pictures. May your mom and step-father have a wonderful year of celebrating their 80th birthdays and may they be blessed beyond measure. I enjoyed seeing your mom, you and your oldest daughter and your resemblance. What joy! Be blessed, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Cecilia! Happy Birthday to your mom and stepdad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely family! And it looks like a fabulous time was had by all:) Glad you got to celebrate with family. Thanks for sharing. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures of you and family! It is so nice to see family pix; it makes me feel like I really know you better! It looks like it was a lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing these pictures! Everyone looks great! What a lovely celebration! Happy Belated Birthday to Jeff and Alma.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!