Dishaholic Valentine Vignette Inspired by a Special Gift

Happy Monday, Friends! Today I'm sharing a valentine vignette that was inspired by a recent gift I received, and it is sure to delight my fellow dishaholics out there...

Transferware made in Spain

I first met Darling Daughter-in-Law's mother, Maria, when she visited from Spain this time last year. Despite the fact that we speak different languages, we quickly bonded as in-laws, discovered similar interests, and of course, I took her thrifting. Maria understands that pretty plates are one of my love languages, and when she came to visit this year, she brought me a beautiful place setting from Seville, Spain--bubble wrapped in her carry-on bag!  I knew we were kindred spirits! 


red transferware valentine vignette

The beautiful La Cartuja De Sevilla Rosa pattern dates back to 1841. When I saw it, I immediately thought of creating a valentine vignette. 

collectible red and white transferware

I displayed the lovely collection on easels... 

collectible red and white transferware

... and added an English Meakin Royal Staffordshire creamer with fresh ivy. My vintage cupid was the finishing touch! Gracias, Maria! 

red and white transferware valentine vignette

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


HONORED TO BE FEATURED ON THESE LOVELY BLOGS! 


Would you like to comment?

  1. How lovely! What a wonderful connection and gesture of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia,
    OMG!! These stunning plates took my breath away!! They are gorgeous!! I am so jealous!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift! And a lovely thought! I am hooked on blue transferware but those dishes could widen my likings, for sure! Never did a vignette with dishes for a holiday; lovely way to display them! I bet you smile every time you walk by them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story! And lovely friend:) THe dishes are absolutely gorgeous. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!