Friday's Find #316: Repro Madrid Aqua Teacups and Upcycle


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! When I saw four of these pretty aqua teacups for $1.25, I couldn't grab them quick enough! Although they looked like Depression Glass, I suspected they were reproductions because I've never seen this color before. Keep reading to see what I learned plus how I upcycled them for the holidays...


reproduction aqua teacups


So here's what I learned: They are reproductions but they are also vintage! According to Real or Repro, the original Madrid was manufactured by Federal Glass from 1932-1939. In 1976, they changed the name to Recollection. This teal shade became a new color as of 1976. You can check out more info on the website link.


reproduction aqua teacups


Regardless of being reproductions, I adore the color and that they are vintage, so I decided to use them as Christmas decor. I used LED tealights and flipped them over to place the bottlebrush trees on top. 


reproduction aqua teacups


Easy peasy! 


Bottlebrush tree teacup lights


My next post will be on Tuesday, when I'll be joining my talented blogger friends hosted by Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home for the Holiday Door Decor blog hop! 

Until next time, happy hunting! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Adorable Cecilia! I love the color of those glass cups, and the idea of flipping the tea light is inspired. I have tons of bottle brush trees, and will be "borrowing" this idea for sure.
    All the best,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!