Celebrating Summer and a Wreath Upcycle


Happy Tuesday, Friends! If you're new here, welcome! I feel like I say it every year, but I swear the fall and Christmas decor have made the earliest appearance E-V-E-R in the stores this year! Yes, it's hot outside, but it is still summer! If you're like me and not quite ready to say goodbye to the season, you'll enjoy today's Summer Celebration blog hop hosted by Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home! Today, I'm sharing a few of the ways I've celebrated summer, plus a simple wreath upcycle pairing two clearance finds... 


wreath upcycle


If you've hopped over after visiting Carol, at Art and Sand, I know you were inspired by her cozy colorful cottage! Many of you know that the highlight of my summer is my annual visit from Ginger Grand. He is my only grandchild and lives in Colorado. Although we Facetime weekly, our visits are usually limited to Thanksgiving when I go there and when he comes to Texas to spend a few weeks with me each summer. He visited in July and we had a blast! The first day of his visit, we watched baby birds hatch in a nest right by my backdoor! While he was here, we went for walks by the river, cooled down at the splash pad, baked yummy treats, played games, visited Austin Aquarium, San Antonio Do-seum, and saw three movies, including The Lion King. Of course, we went thrifting and to yard sales and my little artist painted a picture of my garden, which I've hung proudly! {See more of Ginger Grand's art, here!


celebrating summer


Earlier this summer, I spent lots of time out in the garden...


celebrating summer




celebrating summer




celebrating summer




celebrating summer




vintage dishes


...and scored some end of season bargains! This unique floral welcome hoop was only $1.50! When I saw it in the store, I instantly thought of the pink eucalyptus wreath I scored on clearance last year...


simple wreath upcycle


I paired the two clearance finds by attaching the hoop to the wreath with fishing line.


simple wreath upcycle


Viola! An updated wreath for $1.50!


wreath upcycle


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'd love to hear how you celebrate summer in the comments section, and you can visit the other blogs by clicking on the links below. Next on the hop is Shannon at Belle Bleu Interiors, I can't wait to see what she has in store for us... 


celebrating summer blog hop


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



HONORED TO BE FEATURED ON THESE LOVELY BLOGS:





Would you like to comment?

  1. It looks and sounds like you have had a wonderful summer! Your grandson is adorable! I also love your wreath idea...so clever! Blessings to you my friend on the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've had such a fantastic summer. It looks like you guys had tons of fun together. Love the idea of how you combined your thrifted wreaths. It's really pretty and so creative! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wreath but most important is the fun time with your grandson, how perfect is that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a bonus when you can find such an adorable way to use your thrifted finds! Aren't grandchildren the best gift in the whole wide world!! I am so happy you were able to enjoy summertime with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have had a wonderful summer so far! Watching baby birds hatch is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been a busy girl! Love of all your up-cycles. especially that bird feeder. So cute. Glad you could share it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to spend some time with your grandson, Cecilia! Looks like he's got some of his grandma's artistic genes; awesome! Glad you've had a good summer; these last days are truly to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like to see what you create. I might just copy your idea for stone markers in the herb garden. I have plenty of stones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thrifting amazes me Cecilia! So happy for you to spend time with your grandson. They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. by all means, a visit from your Grandson would be a great way to celebrate during summer. what a cute guy, and sounds like he enjoys his time with you and appreciates all your fun ideas. love all your DIYs, that green transferware platter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to create fun summer memories with your grandson! You have had a summer full of beautiful and creative posts. I love your garden post so much! Your thrifted treasures are delightful too!

    Thanks so much for celebrating summer with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you are enjoying your summer with your grandson! What a cutie! Also - your clearance project is so inspiring...I need to look for some deals like that! Enjoy your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your pix and news about GG! He is a cutie! I started a wreathe from your clearance idea--used a strip of jute webbing with green stripes, a red "celebrate" from a letter board. I will add several pointsettias at the lower R corner and call it done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cecilia! It's amazing how well your pink eucalyptus and the welcome hoop wreath matched! A match made in Heaven! I think it looks wonderful. I also love hearing about your time spent with Ginger Grand. My kids are especially close to my parents, and I know he must cherish his time with you. I'm in Texas, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you loved spending time with your precious grandson. You find the best thrifted pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your summer recap with us! It looks like you had an amazing summer and a wonderful visit with your grandson. All your summer projects are amazing and truly capture the essence of summer! So happy to be hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia, my grandson comes to visit every summer too! We saw Lion King also. I love all the wonderful things you did this summer. Such great creativity. The wreath turned out so pretty. Since I have part of an embroidery hoop, you’ve given me an idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finds and even better result! I know. I'm not quite ready for Halloween and Christmas stuff yet but there are some real deals to be had. Love hos this turned out and featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wreath is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!