May Flowers: Vibrant Blue Sage


Happy Wednesday Friends! While we didn't have much in the way of April showers in my area, I would still like to share some of my favorite May flowers this month. First in the series is today's feature, Blue Sage.  Its vibrant blue spiked bloom creates a showy display and has brought more than one visitor to my door to inquire its name. It is often mistaken for Bluebonnets and even Lavender.  Once planted it grows like wild, plus it is drought tolerant and is one of the very few plants the deer absolutely will not eat--I promise! 

Vibrant blue sage

It is so lovely it has become a favorite backdrop for photo shoots including this one featured in Style Me Pretty...
Vibrant blue sage



If you deadhead by trimming the blue spikes once they fade, this variety of Sage will continue to bloom from Spring through Fall. It is a hardy option for xeriscaping and makes a lovely companion plant for gold Lantana.  What's a tried and true Spring blossom at your house? Thanks for stopping by--check back soon for the next May flowers feature! 
My Thrift Store Addiction





Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. I bet your garden looks amazing. Love this Texas bloom. Hoping it will soon grace my landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacy. My garden is refreshed after much needed rain! I would love to see photos when you add Blue Sage to your landscaping :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!