Black Bean Taco Salad

Happy Mother's Day! Hopefully you are being treated to lunch today but here's an easy, healthy meal for another day.  When the weather is warm, I am partial to salads.  This tasty recipe is a guilt free way to satisfy taco cravings without skimping on flavor. Substituting nutritious black beans instead of meat provides lots of cholesterol lowering fiber, iron and antioxidants. Plus, it's so easy to prepare, you'll be out of the kitchen in no time! 

Black bean taco salad
I use organic canned black beans and start by rinsing them and allowing them to drain while preparing the rest of the salad.  I like to use platters for a large serving and prefer to make mine right on the plate.  However, if you are making several servings, you may want to provide bowls of each ingredient buffet style and allow every one to make their own according to their preference.  Here's what you'll need:

spring mix lettuce
cilantro 
grape tomatoes
shredded cheese 
salad tortilla strips
lime juice, guacamole* or salad dressing of your choice

I layer the above ingredients, adding warmed black beans last.  I like to garnish mine with lime juice or sometimes a *100 calorie pack of guacamole.  What's your favorite salad? Share the love! 

My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Anything that falls into the "Mexican Food" category is always a hit with me! Thanks for linking up, I'm putting this on my to make list. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan! I just had if for dinner last night :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!