10 Trash to Treasure Garden Finds!


Greetings Friends! My addiction to thrift store shopping constantly challenges me to find creative ways to use my finds.  If I find myself drawn to an item that also happens to be a really good price, I often buy it even if I am not quite sure how I might use it at the time. This works for me, especially when repurposing for the garden.  I am partial to using pieces in unexpected ways giving my garden a sense of whimsy. Today I am sharing 10 ideas--some recent additions to my garden and others from previous posts.  Enjoy! 

Trash to treasure garden finds

Repurposed garden sculpture
Put A Bird On It! 
Little red wagon garden
Little Red Wagon
My previous post was for an Autumn inspired little red wagon.  Now it is full of blooms for Spring!

Repurposed garden gate trellis

This is one of my favorite garden photos taken by Youngest Daughter.  The rose is most prominent, but a closer look reveals a piece of iron garden gate I bought at a yard sale.  I gave it a coat of copper spray paint and hung it on my house for a unique garden trellis.  

Yard sale garden ornament

Another yard sale find, this little guy was .50 and is right at home against the Rosemary and Lady Banks roses. 

Repurposed toy truck succulent planter
 Had to try this adorable idea when I saw it on Pinterest via indulgy.com

Repurposed shutter trellis

Another great photo courtesy of YD--here old shutters serve as trellis for lovely morning glories.

Upcycled yard sale garden bench

Scored this great garden bench for $4 at a yard sale--all it needed was a little paint! The Talavera snake peaking underneath was 75% off at my favorite thrift store :)

Flower pot garden border
 Thrift store flower pots form a border for new rose bushes.
Upcycled garden mirrors
Mirror, Mirror On My Fence...
repurposed headboard garden trellis
Garden Whimsy 

Your home and garden can be beautiful without spending a lot of money.  I would love to see how you have repurposed your fabulous finds for the garden!

My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                          





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love all your repurposing...the wicker headboard may be my favorite but they are all wonderful!
    Cecilia :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!