Super Easy Valentine Wreath


Hello, Friends! Recently I was in my local craft store and a heart shaped red berry wreath caught my eye. A closer look revealed that it was on sale for $19.99.  Nope, not going to happen--especially when I had the same kind of berries sitting in my studio! I bet you may have walked past similar strands at yard sales or thrift stores.  I know I have on more than one occasion! If memory serves me correctly, I think the price on the one I finally purchased was just too good of a deal to pass up.  Since I was also in possession of one heart shaped wire frame, I just had to DIY the berry wreath.  


DIY berry wreath tutorial


Below are simple, step by step instructions:


DIY berry wreath tutorial

I started by bending the berry strand to fit the wire form.  If you look closely you can see where I used green floral wire to fasten it as needed.  


DIY berry wreath tutorial

Once the berries were fastened, I trimmed a few longer pieces while still keeping an overall rustic look.  From start to finish, it took me all of 20 minutes and cost me $5!  If you are not able to find a berry strand at a thrift store, Hobby Lobby and Michael's often put their floral stems on sale half price or more.
  
DIY berry wreath tutorial

Before hanging, I added red trimmed burlap ribbon--voila! Have you been inspired to DIY your own version from a pricier muse? I would love to hear your thoughts!

DIY heart shaped wreath tutorial


My Thrift Store Addiction: signature


Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!