Valentine Vignettes


Greetings Fellow Thrifters!  Valentine's Day is just around the corner so I thought I would share some heart felt vignettes. I have said it before and I'll say it again: special moments in your home can be lovely without being expensive! Take a look at this chair in my studio, while the velvet heart pillow is the spotlight, the pristine white pillows set the stage.  Can you believe I found them in just this condition from an estate sale?! In fact, everything from the chair to the doily were thrifted finds.  Tucking a Vintage embroidered doily inside the Valentine pillow's pocket adds instant charm. 

Valentine vignette


I found this magnetic photo board on clearance at Pier One.  I loved the topiary and bird combination and thought it would make a nice alternative for my front door. Since my door is black, the original brown had to go and I gave it a quick coat of mossy green. On the flower pot, I used a sharpie to write hello to greet guests.  Repurposed and one of a kind! 

Valentine vignette

Next, I added some sweet Valentine magnets.  It will be fun to change out the magnets as often as my little heart desires--bumblebees will be next!

Valentine vignette

I have repurposed this potting stand as a plate hutch in my kitchen.  It is the first thing I see when I walk in, so I enjoy styling it for different seasons with my thrifted treasures.  I found the Valentine tins on clearance years ago.  I love them paired with the red cake stands which were gift card splurges.  The contrasting green apples are cheerful and smell nice!  

Valentine vignette

You know I adore a little touch of whimsy--how fun are these Vintage inspired paper straws?! This thrifted Vintage metal match dispenser makes the perfect display and the polka dot heart magnet--the icing on the cupcake! From front door greetings to a simple throw pillow, little details can create a big impact. Share your story and have fun with it!

Repurposed vintage match holder


How have you combined elements of whimsy and thrifted finds in your decor?  Please share!

My Thrift Store Addiction: signature





Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!