When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Sorbet!

Happy Monday, Friends! Want to make a refreshing treat for the 4th of July or any hot summer day? You only need a few ingredients to create this lemony sorbet and you don't even need an ice cream maker! All it takes is a little patience while it freezes 

homemade lemon sorbet

Since my local grocery store had a $1 off coupon for a bag of these huge lemons, I couldn't resist! 

homemade lemon sorbet


While I love making fresh squeezed lemonade, I decided to make homemade lemon sorbet and it's so refreshing! 

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Simple syrup: Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 1/2 cups boiling water and cool.
Optional: 1 teaspoon vodka (to prevent solid freezing) 

Start by making the simple syrup above. While it cools, squeeze 1 cup of lemon juice and grate 1 tablespoon of zest. Next, once the syrup has cooled, add it to the lemon juice and zest mixture, plus the vodka if desired. Then, freeze in a baking dish for about an hour until set, break into pieces, and blend in food processor until smooth. Last, freeze and blend again before serving. 


homemade lemon sorbet

TIP: To freeze individual portions in advance, scoop the sorbet into round silicone molds as pictured below.

homemade lemon sorbet


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

homemade lemon sorbet

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!