Red White and Blue and Lemonade, Too! Patriotic Porches Tour


Hi there, Friends! Today I'm excited to participate in the Patriotic Porches Tour hosted by Amber, at Follow the Yellow Brick Home. You'll find festive red, white and blue inspiration from 15 home and garden bloggers, just in time for the 4th of July! No porch? No worries! If you're like me and don't actually have a porch to decorate, I'll show you some simple ways to add vintage patriotic accents to any outdoor space. Plus, I'm sharing my recipe for my favorite lavender infused lemonade...

red white and blue in the garden and lavender lemonade recipe

If you just came from visiting Jann, at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson,  I know you enjoyed seeing her darling porch. When it comes to my outdoor decor, I love a lot of color year round. I enjoy adding red, white and blue accents through the summer. This little red garden bench is weathered, chippy and not very sturdy anymore, but I can't bear to part with it. It just pops against the garden's greenery and it's fun to change up for the seasons. Earlier this month, I shared how to repurpose a tote bag to make this no sew pillow.


Patriotic Porches Tour and lavender lemonade recipe


You don't need a large space to create a patriotic focal point. Here, a retro kitchen stool and a pair of vintage enamelware pots filled with herbs are repurposed as a darling plant stand. 


patriotic garden decor and lavender lemonade recipe


The red and white bunting is made of wood and I've held onto it since February, when I found it 90% off during a Valentine's Day clearance sale. A red metal rooster and a pair of vintage roller skates create a touch of whimsy.  Add mini flags to flower pots... 


Patriotic Porches Tour and lavender lemonade recipe


...or a vintage vessel like this repurposed minnow bucket filled with baby's breath, sweet potato vine and blue sage for a festive patriotic centerpiece. 


red white and blue in the garden and lavender lemonade recipe


There's nothing more refreshing than a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade after a morning spent working in the garden. Over the years, I've tweaked my favorite lavender infused recipe. Be sure to scroll down for the pinnable recipe! 


Lavender lemonade recipe and Patriotic Porches Tour


Last year I won this metal sign in a giveaway hosted by At Home with Jemma. Since then, I tried hanging it a few different places but the original dark wash from the manufacturer made it difficult to read the sweet message. Then I had the idea to paint the sign white and now the words really stand out. The fun red, white and blue tassel garland was a dollar store find. 

thrifty patriotic garden decor plus lavender lemonade recipe


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I use red, white and blue in the garden. Here's my lavender lemonade recipe, you can pin. Next on the tour is Kristin, from White Arrows Home and you're going to love the vintage decor she uses in her charming cabin! Remember to scroll down to the bottom of the post to visit the rest of the bloggers participating in the Patriotic Porch Tour!



My Thrift Store Addiction


Patriotic Porches Tour plus my Lavender Lemonade recipe


Just click on links below or the photos at the bottom of the page to visit the other Patriotic Porch bloggers!







Patriotic Porches Tour



My Thrift Store Addiction signature




Would you like to comment?

  1. I love it all, Cecilia. Seeing what others pick up at the Dollar Tree and how things are repurposed for everyday use it one of the best things of blogging. Yours all look and live so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia, your patriotic decor is all so cute. I love that you were able to pull together so many vintage things that you already have and love to make it look patriotic! Painting your sign was definitely the right thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacey! I agree--I love the sign painted ;)

      Delete
  3. It all looks so festive. I'd hand on to that red bench to- it's the perfect touch against the greenery. I like how your decor can last beyond the 4th of July. It just says summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS
      Did you know the comment problem has been fixed?

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Cecilia! Thanks for the update, but I'm still not getting any comments via email. I'll try to contact you to see how you fixed it ;)

      Delete
  4. Great idea for sharing how to add Patriotic "Porch" decor outside for those who may not have a porch. So many pretty treasures shared here! Your lavender lemonade sounds delicious too. Thanks for joining us for the tour, have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I appreciate you organizing the tour! Happy summer to you!

      Delete
  5. My heart is going pitter patter. I adore your fan backed garden settee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love the yellow peppered in with the red, white and blue. It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your decor! It's precious and so creative. I especially love the minnow bucket. I'm super excited to have been included with you on this tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden patriotic decor! The blue step stool along with the red rooster is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, I am drooling over that chippy red bench. So perfect in your garden! Sweet step stool vignette and I can't wait to try the lemonade. My lavender is blooming now.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ny favorite picture of yours was the vintage red/white/blue linens with the bowl of lemons. Patriotic and summer! That lavender lemonade sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I loved all of your pretty decor! I spotted that pretty red bench right away! I couldn’t part with it either! I looks perfect against the backdrop of your garden. It has been so much fun touring with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecelia!
    Love your Patriotic decor!! And that vintage stool really caught my eye!! So pretty!! thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you improvised without a porch to add patriotic décor. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your patriotic decor and that red bench. The lavender lemonade recipe sounds refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Angelina! It really is my favorite summertime beverage ;)

      Delete
  15. Lemonade on the front porch is pure summer, isn't it? Your little spots of patriotic decoration are so fun, but your blue vintage kitchen stool really tugs at my heart strings, I remember sitting on one of those at my grandmother's house! I am so glad to have joined you in this fun blog hop! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you for sharing your memories of your grandmother's house. My grandmother inspired my love for vintage and thrifting!

      Delete
  16. I'm coming over to sit on your cute little bench and sip a lavender lemonade! That sounds like the perfect summer evening to me. ;) I love this beautiful patriotic space you have created. So happy to join you on this tour! Heather @ Beauty For Ashes Home

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it all Cecilia! Lemonade, darling red bench and the sign that you redid is positively wonderful!
    Fabulous décor!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cecilia,
    I got so many ideas from your post! I love the herbs in enamelware (I love red rimmed enamelware!) and I love the lemonade recipe!! Pinning to remember the recipe! ~ Kristin www.whitearrowshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecilia! I am in love with your style! I think I now need a blue garden stool now too! Thanks for all of the inspiration and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute set up! The touch of whimsy using vintage skates is a great idea! Would love for you to come Join “Our Inspired Collection Link Party!” It’s runs Tuesday- Friday every week! -desiree

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!