MacKenzie-Childs Enamelware: Friday's Find #253


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! If you popped over to check out today's find expecting to see the popular black and white MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check, you're in for a surprise. I've admired charming black and white collections on some of my favorite blogs and Instagram accounts, but who knew MacK-C also creates romantic floral enamelware? Not me! I scored this lovely set of 6 featuring my favorite colors with the pattern I'm always drawn to--floral--at an estate sale. 


MacKenzie-Childs enamelware bowls


Here are the lovelies as I spied them, stacked on the back part of a table filled with dishes at the estate sale. I didn't realize until I picked one up that they are enamelware, which I happen to love as much as the gorgeous colors and pattern.


MacKenzie-Childs enamel bowls


Imagine my surprise when I flipped one over to find it was MacKenzie-Childs, which I've never come across thrifting or even at estate sales. After searching online, I wasn't able to identify the pattern, but thanks to the help of blogging friends who collect MacKenzie-Childs: Sarah at Hyacinths for the Soul, Susan at Ashtree Cottage and Rita at Panoply, I learned it's from a collection called Pressed Flowers. The pattern is Camp Mackenzie, dated 1995. 


estate sale MacKenzie-Childs enamel bowls


Next, I was really surprised (and happy!) to find these large square Corelle plates in the free bin at one of my favorite thrift stores! There are four and not one thing wrong with any of them. I have something non-food related in mind for these. 




I also found two of these striped pottery mugs.


primitive pottery mugs


They have a very farmhouse feel to them--the blue stripes remind me of a grain sack stripes. AVAILABLE HERE!


farmhouse pottery mugs


Last but not least, a charming floral teacup by H & M, Sutherland Bone China from England. 


vintage floral teacup


I adore the pretty pink pattern!  AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage floral teacup


My Thrift Store Addiction



estate sale MacKenzie-Childs bowls

Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Wow! What a great find! The enamelware is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee. I hope you're keeping those Victoria & Richard era enamel bowls. They don't make them like that anymore. Beautiful, and wonderful price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita! Would you believe I was undecided about the price at first? I didn't have service to look online at that particular sale so I wasn't aware how much they go for--so glad I grabbed them ;)

      Delete
  3. You find the most wonderful things, I need to shop YOUR thrift stores, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole! Well I know you're a long way from here, but if you're ever in the area...

      Delete
  4. How could anyone NOT buy a pretty pink teacup? I love all your other finds as well. You are the best thrift shopper! Wish I could go for a thrift shopping adventure with you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another tidbit learned today; never heard of MacKenzie Childs; those bowls are gorgeous! Will be awesome for soup come cold weather or maybe a chilled soup now? I'm guessing the Corelle dishes will be a tiered holder of some sort??? Always love your finds. I'd make a coffee or cocoa gift basket with those 2 mugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you come across her popular black and white checked collections, now you'll know! I learned some new things this week too ;)

      Delete
  6. Love all your finds today especially the Mackenzie Childs enamelware. They look like keepers to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I know how often we like the same things ;)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful finds! I especially love the sweet teacup and saucer. Makes me want to start collecting again (sort of)....but tired of dusting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheri. I hear you--dusting is not a fun aspect of collecting!

      Delete
  8. Those MC bowls are the perfect color. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...the MC pieces are just outstanding. I want... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love those bowls, too! I didn't know that MC did that type of pattern, either. Love them:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess most everyone likes the MC bowls ... well, I do too. Great finds Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!