Red, White & Blueberry Fruit Bowls

Happy Wednesday Friends! As I write this, I'm waiting for Dear Firstborn to arrive from Colorado--I haven't seen her since last Thanksgiving so you can imagine how excited I am!   I will be away from my computer during her visit but wanted to leave you with a fun, festive recipe...


Red, white and blueberry fruit bowl


I first shared this fruit bowl last summer when my blog was relatively new.  I don't think many people saw it then, so what better time to repost than the week of the 4th?  It is as simple as it appears: just add fresh strawberries and blueberries to a waffle bowl and garnish with your choice of whip cream or yogurt!  I was surprised to learn than the bowls only have 5 grams of sugar, so it's yummy AND healthy.  Perfect for outdoor cook outs and kids could make their own.  Waffle cones would be fun too!  





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Looks so good now that there is fresh fruit again! Love that the waffle bowls are lower sugar...I never would have thought that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love that dessert, maybe with yogurt ... and would love eating the 'bowl'.
    Enjoy you daughter's visit.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. You enjoy your sweet daughter all you can. I so happy for you. It's late here and your fruit cup really looks good to me. XX Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful visit and enjoy the holidays with your family. Love the idea of your fruit bowl--so pretty, yet so easy :) Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect treat for the 4th of July :) I have some strawberries and blueberries in the fridge....I think I need to make these fruit bowls :)

    Always a blessing to have you join Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a yummy bowl of fresh fruit and I love waffle bowls too! Have fun with your daughter!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!